Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone app access to Service Bookings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my M3P on the 21st December 2019. Love the car but have a few minor issues that need rectifying.
I have leased through Arval.
I am unable to request a service through the iPhone app as the option does not appear....Is this because the vehicle is on a lease and not through Tesla ?
If I log out and then log back in to the app I have the option to book a service but almost instantly this option disappears ?
Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

Strange. Try checking on your Tesla website account what things look like.
Could be the car is still in "service" mode or something, which a couple folks ran into.
Also might need to check if your login is the "Primary" user and not added as a "Guest" driver.
See if the option to add a guest driver is there.

Could be the car is still in "service" mode or something, which a couple folks ran into.
Also might need to check if your login is the "Primary" user and not added as a "Guest" driver.

Thanks for your reply, there are no details on ‘My Tesla’ webpage either, it has all my details on but no linked vehicle.
I put this down to being the registered keeper but not the owner (as Arval is)
I login using my own credentials (and not any I have been supplied by Arval)

I picked up my M3P on the 21st December 2019. Love the car but have a few minor issues that need rectifying.
I have leased through Arval.
I am unable to request a service through the iPhone app as the option does not appear....Is this because the vehicle is on a lease and not through Tesla ?
If I log out and then log back in to the app I have the option to book a service but almost instantly this option disappears ?
Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

same thing, and I’m leasing through Arval, organised by my Broker, Yorkshire Fleet.

I’ve been in regular contact with Arval and Tesla... Tesla are drip feeding me a short email reply once a week without properly resolving it yet...

the issue I’m told is that we’ve been set up as additional users - another email address (likely an Arval one, although Arval deny ever setting this up, and they say it’s a Tesla error) is registered as the primary user of the car.

Arval have got the hump with Tesla as they don’t know why it’s been set up like this - I have written permission from Arval that’s been forwarded to Tesla to ask them to set my email up as the primary account holder, and they’ve also sent a request direct to Tesla to do this too. Still waiting for Tesla service to pull their finger out and sort it.

It’s a pain because I can’t add my fiancé as an additional driver so she can set up her Tesla account to use the car - the only way she can use her phone as a car key at present is to log in as me, which can log me out of the app. Not ideal, and not how it’s been designed to be used with multiple phones as keys.

I recommend getting onto Arval and asking them to change the primary user over to you - they should be able to do this. I’d also hit Tesla up yourself too - email your request to [email protected] (make sure you add your VIN to the email or it will add another week of waiting for them to come back to you and ask for it!)

It will be possible I’m told, but take some time, if my experience is anything to go by......

• Informative
Reactions: Chalks99
Regarding supercharging - I’ve added a card to the online Tesla login (even though I don’t see my car there) and it works for payment, I can also see the invoices. Plus my two referrals are pending in my account too, so those (at least) are working ok.

edit - the referral orders haven’t been collected yet, hence why I’m not using the free supercharging miles yet.

For me, the option to add another driver is there, and I can submit a request, but it fails to allow it - i assume due to not being the primary account holder for the vehicle.

• Informative
What’s happening in this post (The Beast of Burbage) is what concerns me the most about this setup. Someone, somewhere has access to my car through the Tesla app. I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think they can actually set up their phone as a key without a keycard to set it up in car, but they can still see where it is, open the boot, frunk, honk the horn etc..... and as the main account holder I guess it wouldn’t be hard to order a new key card from Tesla.

I appreciate there’s no reason why someone at Arval (if it is one of their email addresses) would do any of this, but still, it’s an unnecessary security risk...... ridiculous really.

here’s to hoping it gets sorted soon

What’s happening in this post (The Beast of Burbage) is what concerns me the most about this setup. Someone, somewhere has access to my car through the Tesla app. I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think they can actually set up their phone as a key without a keycard to set it up in car, but they can still see where it is, open the boot, frunk, honk the horn etc..... and as the main account holder I guess it wouldn’t be hard to order a new key card from Tesla.

I appreciate there’s no reason why someone at Arval (if it is one of their email addresses) would do any of this, but still, it’s an unnecessary security risk...... ridiculous really.

here’s to hoping it gets sorted soon

They clearly use their own email address for all interaction with Tesla and presumably filter the replies by individual customer or VIN. You've got me worried with this post (I also read it earlier this morning on another forum) as when I was able to briefly have access to the Service Appointment part of the app I tried to book my car in for the issues to be looked at..... before the option disappeared off my app.
I subsequently received an email (addressed to Arval UK) regarding the appointment. What is more confusing is that a week later, I received a text starting 'Dear Chris' etc etc etc.... my christian name is not Chris..... could this be another 'Beast of Burbage' indecent ?
Maybe you an I should start a group for people who have leased through Arval and get collective views of their experiences ?
DM me if you think there is any merit to this ?

I have exactly the same issue - LeasePlan vehicle and do not have full control.

It often logs me out of the app too - but allows me to log straight back in. Frustrating.

I also have not received my 1,000 free supercharger miles (it's been nearly a month). Nor my £2,000 deposit refund.

I have exactly the same issue - LeasePlan vehicle and do not have full control.

It often logs me out of the app too - but allows me to log straight back in. Frustrating.

I also have not received my 1,000 free supercharger miles (it's been nearly a month). Nor my £2,000 deposit refund.
Thanks for your input, looks to be an issue then with leased cars.

I am unable to find the option to add a guest driver to my account. Is this feature available in the UK?

I am unable to find the option to add a guest driver to my account. Is this feature available in the UK?
Log in online, click the account tab, click contact, then you’ll see add ‘additional contact’. Add their email address and Tesla will send them an email to set up as an additional driver. Won’t work if you’re leasing and having the problems listed above mind....

hope that helps