Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Iphone X problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vitaman

Supporting Member
Aug 9, 2014
Decatur, GA
Please pardon me if this has been asked. Scoured the site for quite a while and found nothing.
My iPhone 10 and my P100D have issues with each other.
The Bluetooth pairs, but calls out sound garbled to the other person. Perfectly clear voice sound inside the car.
Service changed out the microphone.....zero effect.
Reset the screen....no effect.
The only solution I have found is to restart the phone. This clears up the distorted voice for a limited amount of time. Sometimes an hour, sometimes 5-6 hours. But it returns.
Anyone found a fix?
Thanks

• Love
Reactions: Jjdsyd
I am having the same problem with my X. My wife connected hers yesterday and didn’t have a problem but a couple days ago when she borrowed my car it did it. Sounds like static noise when you talk and I heard it when she called me almost like some
sort of interference.

I'm having the same problems with my X. I hear the person just fine but they report that I sound horrible. I'm told I sold 'garbled' just like the original post reported. Rebooting the car doesn't help. I haven't tried restarted the X yet.

Same problem here with my Model X and iPhone X. Reports on Apple's forum too:
https://discussions.apple.com/message/32915501

I created two voicemail audio files this morning...one from my daughter's iPhone SE and one from my iPhone X. Mine is garbled. Hers is crystal clear (my wife's 7+ is also clear). I sent those audio files to Tesla but my suspicion is that this is an Apple issue...since it's phone specific.

Deleted and re-paired profile. Rebooted iPhone. Rebooted Model X. Same issue.

All, Apple today came out with an update (iOS 11.2.5). After I updated my iPhone X, I tried calling someone from my phone over bluetooth on my MS 90D. The person on the other side side that all was clear. Don't know if Apple addressed the issue in this latest update, but so far all is looking good.

Please pardon me if this has been asked. Scoured the site for quite a while and found nothing.
My iPhone 10 and my P100D have issues with each other.
The Bluetooth pairs, but calls out sound garbled to the other person. Perfectly clear voice sound inside the car.
Service changed out the microphone.....zero effect.
Reset the screen....no effect.
The only solution I have found is to restart the phone. This clears up the distorted voice for a limited amount of time. Sometimes an hour, sometimes 5-6 hours. But it returns.
Anyone found a fix?
Thanks
Do you have an Apple Watch? I have the same issue but only with my watch connected to my iPhone X and both devices in the car. If the watch is off or out of the car my iPhone X works just fine. No solution yet, but I've had the microphones replaced twice, got a replacement iPhone X from Apple and had my watch sent off twice for inspection. Back to Tesla next week to pursue further. I have a separate thread on the watch covering this if that is your issue as well.

Anyone have luck with this? I just took delivery yesterday and am getting the same complaints! I have an iPhone X running 11.2.6 and also have both my AirPods and Apple Watch connected to the device as well (seems like a double-doozy). Is there any way to fix this?

Two things;

1. Make sure to get your local sc to escalate this to engineering with a clear description of problem. It only seems to be an issue with the combination tesla, iPhone X and Apple Watch. Tesla needs to cooperate with Apple to sort it out.

2. Turn your Apple Watch into flight mode when you have a garbled call, it will clear it up immediately. Just remember to turn it on when exiting the car ;-)

I have this EXACT same problem. Iphone X, 2018 Model S 75D with MCU2, 2018.10. I have the original apple iwatch but rarely wear it and I am not wearing it when this is happening. Ihave tried unpairing and repairing, which fixes for a short period but it always comes back.

This is complete BS that this problem has been occurring for this long and there is no fix. Does anyone have an actual solution or evdience that tesla is working on a fix. When I called the support line, they just said "try to not sync contacts and recent calls" Well I tried that and it also didnt work. And I want to have my contacts and recent calls, thats a key feature.