Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my new iPhone X yesterday and it paired perfectly with my Model S. I was able to take phone calls and listen to music from my phone.

It no longer works. The phone is connected but I cannot hear any audio from the phone when playing music. I can still take phone calls though.

I have rebooted both the center screen and dash. I have rebooted my iPhone X. I have tried repairing multiple times. Nothing seems to work.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I got my new iPhone X yesterday and it paired perfectly with my Model S. I was able to take phone calls and listen to music from my phone.

It no longer works. The phone is connected but I cannot hear any audio from the phone when playing music. I can still take phone calls though.

I have rebooted both the center screen and dash. I have rebooted my iPhone X. I have tried repairing multiple times. Nothing seems to work.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Everything works perfectly for me.

Silly question but did you turn the volume up on the phone?
Didn’t really pay attention but I just checked on my volume is at full.
I also paired my wife’s new iPhone X a few minutes ago and music seems to be working perfectly as well. So it seems like your issue is isolated and not systemic.
A very good thing. I would try deleting the phone and re-adding it if you haven’t already done so.

My iPhone X is paired and every function works perfectly except the calendar sync for some reason. I have calendar sync enabled on the app and background app refresh is on, notifications on, reset the main screen on the Tesla and restarted my phone. Any other suggestions?
If I had this issue, I’d uninstall the app. Power cycle the phone. Then reinstall the app and sign back into mytesla.

Reactions: jbcarioca
OK, just so I understand since I'm coming to the US next week and my iPhone X is waiting for me there:

1. when I can't hear music, turn up the volume. Good! was that the same problem I had last time? Yes! OK, I'm an idiot too.:eek::eek:
2. when a feature suddenly disappears or never appears, reboot the app. Good! Have I done that many Tims before? Yes! I never seem to learn, sigh:oops::oops:

So my new iPhone X retains some features I recall since Windows 95. These are the ones I never learn...and the ones kind people keep repeating for me and people like me. Then I get to sanctimoniously repeat them to other people.

To quote my guru Allen O Vejar who taught me so much. "What you need, my boy, is a keenly developed sense of the obvious".
We were playing with Lisp in the 1980's when he said that.

Anyway, thanks for the tips. I can't wait!

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Our 2 iPhone X are working pretty consistently in our 2 Ses. We do occasionally have an issue where a call does not connect to the car BT audio and will not switch over. If you turn BT off on the iPhone and back on, this seems to fix it, And, no, not a new problem--has been an issue for 4 years and 3 different iPhones and iOSes.

Silly question but did you turn the volume up on the phone?
If I had this issue, I’d uninstall the app. Power cycle the phone. Then reinstall the app and sign back into mytesla.
I admire you both. No cynicism, just useful information.
One reason I love TMC is the amount of useful tips people share.
One thing about useful tips: they usually look obvious in retrospect. But we don't live in retrospect.

Reactions: Brian-MS90D