Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone13 Pro Max

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not necessarily. I have had the 12 Pro Max for a year and, when it's in the case, it doesn't charge. OUT of the case, it charges fine. It seems to be just 3 mm too high on the coil. It's annoying to have to take it out of the case every time I get in the car
I have a 12 pro max in a case and it charges fine. The case is from Apple and is magsafe compatible. So if you change the case to the right type it will work.

I have a 12 pro max in a case and it charges fine. The case is from Apple and is magsafe compatible. So if you change the case to the right type it will work.

My 12 Pro Max charges fine as well. I had to replace my apple magsafe case and tried several different magsafe cases. Most of them worked, but one did not. For the 12 Pro Max, it appears to be about the case design, not the phone.

My wife has problems with her non-Apple case on when she charges on the bedside chargers we use (standard Qi chargers), but not in the car.

My 13 Pro Max charges fine on the wireless charging pads (using the OEM silicone MagSafe case and the Mous Limitless 4). Had no issues with my 12 Pro Max either.
I may try to find different case (refuse to pay $70 for OEM case since phone because it is too much for 25 cents product). iPhone 13 MAX Pro holding charge for very long time so I don't need to use this for charging just for lay it there

Reactions: RNHurt
Purchased three iPhone 13 Pro Max cases, all failed to charge unless upside in my 2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance. (December 2020 delivery)

TORRAS Crystal Clear - Failed
Spigen Ultra Hybrid - Failed
SPIDERCASE - Failed

Went to the Apple store, purchased a MagSafe silicone case. It works 90% of the time. When it fails the 10% I just move it around a bit on the charging area and it starts charging.

I just upgraded from a 10XR to a 13. I had no issues with wireless charging, now its a little more touchy in ensuring that its on the pad right. In Tesla's defense, I also have noticed its touchy on all my other wireless charging pads as well. Has to be dead center on those for it to work.

I also had an initial issue with a case where the camera lens guard was raised too high and wouldn't allow it to charge. My wife has a RokForm case for her 13 mini, and it absolutely doesn't allow wireless charging because the case is too thick.

IMO this isn't an issue with Tesla, Apple did some design changes to the new 13 phones and its made wireless charging a little less convenient.

Reactions: CapsEngineer
I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max. I tried without case, it works fine. With case, even upside down does not work, I am sure Tesla wireless pad is not strong enough, my iPhone 12 Max works fine with case on other wireless pads.

The iPhone 13 Pro will charge without the case but it will not charge with an OtterBox. I brought this to the attention of the service manager at Tesla while I was having my tires rotated and balanced. They confirmed that there is no fix in the works for it.