Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Irish Delivery and Collection 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Insurance sorted only 125 euros more than my old car opel Astra 2010 so pretty good.

Anyone tried paying there road tax? I just had a text from Tesla saying to get it sorted but can't login to the car tax site with the details I was given.
I thought road tax didn’t matter here and that requirement is for other countries. I don’t know if we can tax the car yet. When I did my insurance this morning it wasn’t on their systems yet, I assume that’s the same for the road tax.

I thought road tax didn’t matter here and that requirement is for other countries. I don’t know if we can tax the car yet. When I did my insurance this morning it wasn’t on their systems yet, I assume that’s the same for the road tax.
Yeah was the same for my insurance too they also didnt have the M3H LR on their system.

Will try again with the road tax later or tomorrow, I'm not sure about it not mattering though.

Train booked for Wednesday morning , Insurance sorted €35 for transfer , just to sort out Tax when it goes live on system .
Won't say I'm the most productive employee today / tomorrow but I do have a massive grin on my pus .
Come on Wendesday morning 11am 🚘
1000018781.jpg

If it’s your own company then can you get insurance personally and just expense it to the company? You’ll retain your NCD then.
I’m in same boat. First time company car insurance and AFAIK you have to get company insurance as personal insurers won’t cover if car not owned by person insured. I think you have to transfer personal NCB to company. I got quote from broker www.insuremycars.ie and it’s not cheap - €1,600 for me + named driver fully comp. I’d love to be wrong so if there’s a better option I’m all ears.

If you login to your account on https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/teslaaccount and click on the car "Manage your order" you should see a bunch of "Documents", and there should be "Proof Of Registration" right there.

This showed up for me on Saturday before the reg number appeared in the app.

---

I got a text message this morning about motortax.ie ... which still doesn't work for me, and also none of the insurances have the car in any of their databases.

---

Speaking of insurance, what do all of you put as "date of purchase" and "date of manufacture".

And is anyone remotely in the "declined cases commitee" thing for insurance". (I have no irish/uk driving history - having trouble getting insured at all)