Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is a new Model S worth it yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey gang!

I am a relatively long-time Tesla owner (2015 P85DL Model S and a 2016 X90D), and I am torn as to whether it is time to replace my beloved Stormtrooper.

Can someone tell me whether the 2020 Model S Performance would be worth replacing my 2015 P85DL? It only has 56,000 miles, but has been in an accident (repair only took 6 months!), has a few squeaks, the MCU just failed and I'm going in tomorrow for a $1,300 repair, the touchscreen was slowing down, and the interior, not perfect to begin with, is just getting tired.

I would be willing to wait for a Plaid, but not if it is $150,000 and has the same interior as my car!

I'm hoping to hear some owners give their thoughts on whether the fit and finish, materials, and computer performance have improved enough to make an upgrade now, or whether most would wait.

Thanks!

Hey gang!

I am a relatively long-time Tesla owner (2015 P85DL Model S and a 2016 X90D), and I am torn as to whether it is time to replace my beloved Stormtrooper.

Can someone tell me whether the 2020 Model S Performance would be worth replacing my 2015 P85DL? It only has 56,000 miles, but has been in an accident (repair only took 6 months!), has a few squeaks, the MCU just failed and I'm going in tomorrow for a $1,300 repair, the touchscreen was slowing down, and the interior, not perfect to begin with, is just getting tired.

I would be willing to wait for a Plaid, but not if it is $150,000 and has the same interior as my car!

I'm hoping to hear some owners give their thoughts on whether the fit and finish, materials, and computer performance have improved enough to make an upgrade now, or whether most would wait.

Thanks!

Cant you test drive one to find out?

Reactions: Chaserr and croman
Hey gang!

Thanks!

2017 S owner here. Getting the FSD upgrade and the Infotainment upgrades installed tomorrow, 6/26, and my local Tesla service center. Very excited. In spite of that, as soon as Plaid is released, I will be getting my order placed. Not only will it have more power and performance, but what I really crave is 500 miles of range and the latest battery tech, which the new S will surely have. I intend to be doing some x-country trips, and I want that range. I expect Battery Day to reveal huge leaps forward in battery performance, and I also expect that new battery tech to be in the new S. I would wait to see what Plaid has to offer before buying a current MS LR.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I also vote NO.

Save your money, your car will run for a long time, trade in value is 20k or so, not worth it. Once your battery pack fails just get rid of it.
No matter what repairs come, they will be a lot less than getting a new Tesla. You have 5000 or so less parts than an ICE, garage the car and the plastics and rubber will last a long time.