Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is B-Pillar panel adjustable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I have loud wind noise on the drivers side coming from the b-pillar. When I took a look, the gap between the b-pillar panel and front/rear windows is not the same... large gap in front, small gap in rear. On the passenger side, the gaps are normal. So either the panel needs to move or the front glass is not right.

IMG_0869.jpg

From what I understand talking to a service engineer some time ago is that the glass is glued in, so my guess is that the pillar is properly centered, but the glass might be glued in incorrect. When I look at your picture it also seems that the camera is not in the middle of the glass. How is the camera positioned at the passenger side? When it is in the middle on the passenger side than it’s 99% the glass only that is misaligned and might need to be glued in properly.

JMatero, I'm having a similar issue with my new Model 3. I took delivery 1 month ago, and there is major wind noise from the driver window - B-pillar. Have had it serviced TWICE and still there is wind noise.

The driver window is canted OUT by about 1/8 inch from the B-pillar. The driver front window, B-pillar & rear window are NOT FLUSH. Also the bottom of the driver door is canted IN by about 1/8 inch. The hood of the car is also askew -- driver front edge of hood is up by 1/8 inch, and passenger side is indented by 1/8 inch.

On the passenger side, the doors, windows and B-pillar all line up flush with one another.

Anyone have this issue?

JMatero, I'm having a similar issue with my new Model 3. I took delivery 1 month ago, and there is major wind noise from the driver window - B-pillar. Have had it serviced TWICE and still there is wind noise.

The driver window is canted OUT by about 1/8 inch from the B-pillar. The driver front window, B-pillar & rear window are NOT FLUSH. Also the bottom of the driver door is canted IN by about 1/8 inch. The hood of the car is also askew -- driver front edge of hood is up by 1/8 inch, and passenger side is indented by 1/8 inch.

On the passenger side, the doors, windows and B-pillar all line up flush with one another.

Anyone have this issue?
Windows and doors are adjustable. Service centers may or may not be patient enough to address the issue, so some owners have done the adjustments themselves. You can look them up on youtube.

@ Jmatero,

That's the drivers door window that needs adjusting, not the B pillar. The interior door panel needs to be removed to do this. I have seen SO MANY windows misaligned like this. It just amazes me someone in the factory doesn't address this.....and so many other fit & finish issues.
Yeah, something like that should not have left the factory. That’s not even K for close!

It should have been adjusted.

Every assembly plant has a repair area for things like that, near where the cars roll off the line. There are inspectors that should flag something like that….