Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is converting youtube to mp3 illegal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Different countries have different laws. In the US there is a 'fair use' exception to copyright. This was always the case, but then the 'digital millennium act' came and made the process of converting a protected media illegal, not the intended use. So while something was considered 'fair use' you were still braking the law by making that copy. Fortunately lawmakers saw the problem and fixed years later. I'm not at all familiar with the laws in the EU and UK, but I would assume what you intend to do with the mp3 makes a big difference.

Different countries have different laws. In the US there is a 'fair use' exception to copyright. This was always the case, but then the 'digital millennium act' came and made the process of converting a protected media illegal, not the intended use. So while something was considered 'fair use' you were still braking the law by making that copy. Fortunately lawmakers saw the problem and fixed years later. I'm not at all familiar with the laws in the EU and UK, but I would assume what you intend to do with the mp3 makes a big difference.

Based on the privacy i read on this soundcloud downloader, downloading youtube or soundcloud music is illegal in some case, mostly not