Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it me, or does the LR AWD seem like the best value right now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, they can't- not federally.

$4500 of the $12,500 max is only for union made vehicles in the US

Which does not include Tesla vehicles.

$12,500 minus $4500 is $8000. Not $10,000.

So $8000 is the most a Tesla made with US battery cells can get under the current bill.

$7500 is the max if the cells are imported.

If you'd like to read the latest draft of the actual bill that confirms this, instead of a press release that's here:

Page 1240 is where the EV credit details begin and they are as I described them.'

$4000 base credit for plug in vehicles.

$3500 added credit if the battery is >40 kwh and it has no more than 2.5gal of gasoline capacity (down to 0 obviously)

$500 added for US made battery cells.

That's 8k.

The only other addition available is union-made US build cars- which Tesla does not make.

thank you for posting that link, appreciate you

Reactions: Knightshade
Problem where I am, is LR is $10K more that SR+, on top of that you don't get the $5K government EV credit with the LR, so the difference ends up being $15K. Though I wanted the LR, to me the differences doesn't justify a $15K difference from the SR+

Also from ON here. The LR is worth the extra money especially with our cold winters. I know people with the SR+ in Ontario who can't even drive 200KM in the winter before they have to charge. The LR gives you that extra security with the AWD (better in winter), plus its way faster. Worth the money IMO.

Wow. Had no idea that bill was in the works and would do that. When does it go into effect? Would like to plan a buy around it.

Nothing has been passed yet. But likely it'd be as of Jan 1 2022.

That said, Tesla has basically raised prices by the amount of the credit over course of this year, so net price will be similar (or higher with sales tax) with the credit than buying before the price hikes would've been.

Reactions: WeAreGroot