TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Is it ok to use a Tesla logo...

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by Elliott P100D, Mar 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Elliott P100D

Elliott P100D Member

I have been looking around for Tesla clothing and noticed several companies besides Tesla using Tesla style font on their shirts... is that legal?

Thanks!

2. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

3. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

Tesla style font or the "Tesla" name and logo? The font Tesla uses is called "Emblem D" and is not owned by Tesla.

4. Elliott P100D

Elliott P100D Member

Tesla font spelling Tesla...

5. dunginhawk

dunginhawk Member

I think its ok for personal use as long as you arent selling, marketing, or pitching a product.

• Like x 1
  6. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

They have some text saying not to use their logos, but they don't say what they are. I don't see any trademark symbols. There are lots of users of Tesla -- it's a name. after all. There is a band. There are a LOT of electrical contracting firms with that name. As stated, the font isn't unique -- maybe the word Tesla IN that font is. The logo is probably copyrighted.

Make shirts for yourself and you are not going to have a problem. Sell them and you might.

7. Elliott P100D

Elliott P100D Member

Thanks everyone!
    I promise not to sell.
    (which is a shame because it would!)

But I do understand copyright, if I owned one I would not want infringing either.

Thanks again!

8. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

From the bottom of this website;

TESLA, TESLA MOTORS, TESLA ROADSTER, MODEL S, MODEL X, and the “TESLA,” “T” and “TESLA and T in Crest” designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors, Inc. in the United States and other countries.

9. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

and from their own corporate website.

Terms of Use
    Copyrights

Copyright 2002-2017 Tesla, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files and their arrangement on Tesla, Inc. internet sites are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted. Some Tesla, Inc. internet sites also contain material that is subject to the copyright rights of their providers.

Trademarks

Unless otherwise indicated, all marks displayed on Tesla, Inc. internet sites are subject to the trademark rights of Tesla, Inc., including, but not limited to, model name plates and corporate logos and emblems.

No Licenses

Tesla, Inc. strives to achieve innovative and informative internet sites. Tesla, Inc. hopes that you will be as enthusiastic as we are about this creative effort. However, Tesla, Inc. must protect its intellectual property, including its patents, trademarks and copyrights. Accordingly, please be on notice that neither these internet sites, nor any material contained therein shall in any way grant or be taken to grant any person a license to Tesla, Inc.'s intellectual property.

Privacy & Legal | Tesla