TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Is it possible RC Model 3 recognized stop sign?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by wittmam, Mar 26, 2017.

Tags:
?

Is it possible RC Model 3 recognized stop sign?

1. Yes

23.1%
  2. No

61.5%
  3. Hard to tell

7.7%
  4. Who cares just let me order it already!

15.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. wittmam

wittmam New Member

Is it possible the black Release Candidate Model 3 Elon posted was in AP 2.0 mode and recognized the stop sign and stopped on its own? If they were trying to show off acceleration it seems a pretty short distance. Could this have been a test/demonstration of something more?

Elon Musk on Twitter

• Funny x 1
  2. Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill Active Member

This was probably just a gentle first test drive, judging by the guy in the passenger seat with the laptop. It may be as simple as he was making sure the logging was working properly, before taking the car for a spin on the test track.

3. TacC

TacC Member

Seems unlikely. I would brag about it in the tweet if I were Elon. I really hope that AP2 doesn't accelerate and brake that hard in parking lots.

I think everyone understands that early Model 3s are going to go 0-60 in 6.0, whether that is limited by software or physics.

• Like x 1
  4. RichardL

RichardL Member

That video was taken in Palo Alto. The test track is at the Fremont factory, around 20 miles away, across the Bay. So I doubt that they were related.

5. Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill Active Member

Ah, thanks for the info. Means they are further along in the testing that I thought. The're likely driving between Fremont, Palo Alto and around the bay area in general, seeing how the RC Model 3's handle regular roads.

Those who live in the bay area - keep your eyes peeled. :)