Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to recolor wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beautiful! Did you plastidip them yourself? Also, where did you buy the plastidip from? Care to share some more pictures?

I did my wheels in Graphite Pearl ... Forged BMW M6 wheels at less than 25 lbs. per corner.

View attachment 110357

Thanks. I had my wheels powder coated to match the OEM Tesla Midnight Silver metallic paint.
I have also used Plastidip with very good results ... purchased at the local Pep Boys auto store.
You can purchase matching lug nut covers online at eBay for the finishing touch. Hope this helps!

IMG_4727.JPG
IMG_4726.JPG

Hi Jool

Is that your MS? What plasti dip color did you use here? They look awesome! I want mine exactly the same way! Luv them!
Thank you! Yes that is my vehicle :) It's just the normal black Plasti Dip with a couple coats of the graphite metalizer sprayed on top. Looks pretty good and is totally reversible!

Those with Plastidip, do you have to redo the dip when you get new tires or balancing? I know those tire machines can be brutal and can scratch even the paint/clear coat on the rims. Do they rip with you install the lug nuts on them?
Expect to see some damage to your Plasti Dip work if you have your Tesla aligned. Mine have some ripped bits from an alignment done late last year but I haven't gotten around to re-doing the job! But I'm still okay with the look - plus it's really cheap to re-do the Plasti Dip whenever necessary.

I have 21" silver turbine wheels that I wanted to match the factory grey ones. I had EDK Custom Wheels in Los Angeles powder coat them for me. They did a great job. The Torrance service center used to do this but when I called and spoke with the service manager, he said they no longer provide this service. I used EDK because they are recommended by the LA-Centinela service center.