Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it worth to replace aeroshield?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got damage on my aeroshield and they ask for $600. To be honest, I don't even know what aeroshield is for.
AnywayiI have to wait for 2 weeks to get service from Tesla at LA so Zipties them to hold together so that way they don't make noise when I drive. So far no issue but I guess it needs to be replaced?

Is that for one or for 4?

Aeroshield helps to increase range. Some people don't care about range so they take them off for the look.
This is not my car but I post the picture with damage area.

They ask for 600 for replace front and mid. I attached the price list.
So you are saying that as long as it is not dangling it should be fine?

Attachments

• 7Z6ZVDZE-lostar-skid-plate-for-2018-2022-tesla.jpg
    7Z6ZVDZE-lostar-skid-plate-for-2018-2022-tesla.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 421
  • Screenshot_20230126_142403_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20230126_142403_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 205
Upvote 0
This is not my car but I post the picture with damage area.

They ask for 600 for replace front and mid. I attached the price list.
So you are saying that as long as it is not dangling it should be fine?
Sorry that I mistakenly thought about the tire Aero Wheel Cover.

1044271-00-A_0_2000.jpg

In your case, the under panels is needed to protect components. A few hundred is well justified. I would pay for it.

Reactions: coleman567
Upvote 0
I got mine from RPM Tesla. Looks like they have a 20% off sale going right now.

Reactions: WyoDude
Upvote 0
I got mine from RPM Tesla. Looks like they have a 20% off sale going right now.

Did you need a lift to put these on and do you notice reduced road noise as advertised?

Upvote 0
MPP on mine. Installed quickly by a FE shop. You could probably do it with good quality ramps, but it's awkward, holding it up while installing mounting hardware. FYI, exact fit, hardware bolts up to existing holes.

Jeez...do NOT pay $600 for plastic.

Upvote 0
Did you need a lift to put these on and do you notice reduced road noise as advertised?
Lift would be my recommendation as safest and easiest way. Ramps or jack stands would probably work as well. My neighbor has a two post lift and let me use it to put them on. It's a super easy install. I took my time and had it done in 20 mins.

I notice a slight reduction in road noise but the primary reason for this purchase is protection. Much more protection vs the cheap plastic aero shields that come on the vehicle.

It's a good upgrade IMO.

Upvote 0