Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you think my 22 MYLR is totaled?

Do you think my 22 MYLR is totaled?

• No, insurance will repair

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Yes, totaled

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happened last night, car is still in the tow yard and insurance will pick it up today to take it to bodyshop...

I ran over something in the highway, unfortunately couldn't see it and didn't save the click from my shock... i think it was a tire as the from bumper is in good shape, but the car jumped a bit and the suspension broke and tire exploded when hitting the floor... later when i went see it i saw front passenger door doesn't open as the fender is misaligned now, also can be seen a bit through the panel gap in the trunk.

the adjuster said that judging by pictures it does not seem as a total loss unless there's extensive frame damage (which they think its not likely as it was simply against the floor) or battery damage (the car runs, obviously non dribble but the only error it pops up is a flat tire lol)

Wanted to get some thoughts here as i guess insurance will take a few days to assess...

Attachments

• IMG_1305.jpg
    IMG_1305.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_1311.jpg
    IMG_1311.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1312.jpg
    IMG_1312.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1313.jpg
    IMG_1313.jpg
    547.6 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1315.jpg
    IMG_1315.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1318.jpg
    IMG_1318.jpg
    864.6 KB · Views: 211
Based on the auction prices of 'Salvaged' Teslas it is more than likely considered totaled. I just saw one sell for $38k with damage in the rear. If they try to total it out show your insurance company Tesla's used prices for same model year. your can challenge what they will pay you.... just like negotiating at a traditional dealership.

how much is the repair cost?
did you see the video, what did you hit?
Haven't been told yet, initial estimate was around 3K but the bodyshop is working on the final one for the insurance to pay out. It seems that the overall structure and the battery are fine its just a few parts/trim + fender repair / replace + paint + a new tire.

Unfortunately the car didn't recognized as a crash and also didn't didn't honk and because it happened in kind of a tight highway I was a bit concerned on getting hit from behind and didn't go the dash cam app, so it didn't save it manually either.

My assumption is that it was a tire because the front bumper is not damaged, anything solid or bigger would have damaged the bumper... so probably hit the tire, made the car go in a wheelie and blew up the control arm, and suspension when hitting the road.

Last update... the car was indeed totaled.

When the car was teared down by the body shop they found battery damage and ultimately was totaled. :-(

Frame had repairable damages, it needed a bit of parts but all doable, but requiring a new battery was a deal breaker.

wow.. im kind of going thur the same thing with my car i was rear ended was curious the body shop guy told me that the repair was going to be over 20K some frame damage. not sure how i feel about getting the car back.. sad part 7 months old and just under 3000 miles.