Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is P3D delivery really within 2 months?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will say you get any Tesla you want before New Year. Reason being - was picking up my M3 at Los Angeles Marina Del Rey location 1pm this Saturday (10/6) and the place was empty. I was only seeing two/three other people picking up their M3s. It was no rush pickup. I waited <3 months for my blue M3 AWD no EAP, and build quality is flawless.

This may be a record for Texas:

P3D+, Solid Black, White Interior, EAP

Ordered: 9/26
VIN: 10/5
Delivery Scheduled: 10/8 (tomorrow)

Total time from order to delivery: 12 days

I seem to have a relatively low VIN for this delivery (0786XX), so this may be one that was produced a while back (August?) and was already in transit to Texas?

We'll find out tomorrow.

Reactions: Sg911

I seem to have a relatively low VIN for this delivery (0786XX), so this may be one that was produced a while back (August?) and was already in transit to Texas?

We'll find out tomorrow.
Wow, I have a 0786XX vin TOO scheduled for delivery on 25th. I hope it’s not another’s reject!! Keep us posted lol

Yes. Been bumped once and with my second VIN the car is still in CA. There is another thread where people have been bumped multiple times. Not cool with what Tesla is doing.

Probably referring to me...

Tesla bumped me once, I'm on the east coast in Western Pennsylvania, they took my money and now won't tell me anything after multiple phone calls and emails. Terrible company to work with, in fact the worst I've ever dealt with.

Same here :mad:. Couldn’t agree more

Happened to me. Nevada delivery team told me home delivery 2x and the procedure was to pay before home delivery which I was fine with. But then after paying they canceled delivery and sold my car to someone else.

They only bumped people last week of September for Q3 delivery push, Elon even apologized. Not sure if they are still bumping people now since there are plenty of cars in transit and 3 months of Q4 to work with. It's mostly logistics nightmare at the moment, hopefully they work through it and get it resolved.

I had mine bumped during Q3 push after paying in full. They handled it poorly. We are now in Q4. Devon delivery center said my car is at Alabama hub waiting to get trucked to PA for delivery this 10/10. He said he couldn't promise the car because Nevada delivery team could reroute the car to someone else before it gets to Devon. He said the new delivery format they are trying is matching people closest to the car who can take it first. So East Coast people seem to get the short end of the stick.

If possible, talk to the service center in Devon, who are decent people. Also try the "delivery hotline" number.

The main Tesla number is *completely* useless, and is staffed by incompetents.

If necessary, point out that your money was taken under false pretenses. Tesla has given people loaners and rentals when Tesla has cancelled their delivery dates on them and they relied on the dates. Demand it.

This does go to show *never pay before seeing the car*, which I've said many times.

Tesla has a record of paying for one-way trips to the delivery center to pick up the car. Don't believe that the car exists until the *local delivery center* says it does.

My car is supposed to be there tomorrow, picking up on 10/10. Devon is my delivery center and they seem to know way more than the customer service and delivery hotline in Nevada. In fact, my IDA hasn't responded to my voicemails and emails in over a month. Customer service is clueless, and won't respond to any emails. Last week I called Devon in desperation and they could at least track my car and tell me it was supposed to be on the way if the Nevada team doesn't reroute it first. I'll call again before I leave to confirm my car is on the lot before I drive 2 hours to go pick it up.

• Informative

We'll find out tomorrow.

VIN numbers don't appear to be sequential. Friend got his in August with a VERY low VIN. But his build date was August.

We'll find out tomorrow.

Picked up vehicle today, everything was in order. One minor paint defect on the edge of the bumper, but they were able to fix it quickly while I waited.

P3D+ acceleration is ridiculous. Over a full second faster 0-60 than my first Tesla, an S85D. Feels like the original P85D. I'm really happy. :)

It's going in tomorrow for paint correction, full front PPF, ceramic coating, and window tint. Probably going to take 10 days or so because their guy who does the PPF is out of town this week. So they're going to do the paint correction and window tint this week, then he'll do PPF and ceramic coating next week.

Picked up vehicle today, everything was in order. One minor paint defect on the edge of the bumper, but they were able to fix it quickly while I waited.

P3D+ acceleration is ridiculous. Over a full second faster 0-60 than my first Tesla, an S85D. Feels like the original P85D. I'm really happy. :)

It's going in tomorrow for paint correction, full front PPF, ceramic coating, and window tint. Probably going to take 10 days or so because their guy who does the PPF is out of town this week. So they're going to do the paint correction and window tint this week, then he'll do PPF and ceramic coating next week.
Congrats! that's the plan when I get mine too.

I can tell you my experience. I placed my order on 9/16. This was for a white M3P with black interior. I then got initial scheduled delivery very fast for 9/26. This was most likely due to the end of quarter 3 push. The day before, I had that delivery cancelled as “the car hadn’t arrived yet.” Then my VIN disappeared and my order went back to “by November.” I called and spoke with both my IDA and the delivery center themselves on 9/26. They told me not to worry about the VIN disappearance and that it was probably a glitch. My IDA said, let’s make another appointment for delivery for another week, 10/5, even though I didn’t have a VIN showing. He said that this will make logistics move and get me the car. Low and behold, that night I had a VIN again. This last Friday I took delivery! Car has been great, and I really didn’t even see any issues with the car. Panels seem well put together. Interior looked great. Paint is pretty spot on. Not perfect, but close. I really couldn’t complain about anything. Overall really happy, and took delivery a lot faster than I had thought.

• Love
Reactions: Gavyne and Sg911
I can tell you my experience. I placed my order on 9/16. This was for a white M3P with black interior. I then got initial scheduled delivery very fast for 9/26. This was most likely due to the end of quarter 3 push. The day before, I had that delivery cancelled as “the car hadn’t arrived yet.” Then my VIN disappeared and my order went back to “by November.” I called and spoke with both my IDA and the delivery center themselves on 9/26. They told me not to worry about the VIN disappearance and that it was probably a glitch. My IDA said, let’s make another appointment for delivery for another week, 10/5, even though I didn’t have a VIN showing. He said that this will make logistics move and get me the car. Low and behold, that night I had a VIN again. This last Friday I took delivery! Car has been great, and I really didn’t even see any issues with the car. Panels seem well put together. Interior looked great. Paint is pretty spot on. Not perfect, but close. I really couldn’t complain about anything. Overall really happy, and took delivery a lot faster than I had thought.
Meanwhile my order from June is still showing end of September. Maybe SoCal is too far from Freemont :p

You guys are making me want to cancel for getting treated like a third class citizen.

• Funny
Thank You for the update!! Wishfully everyone’s arrives without a hitch:cool: better sorted than Q3-

Screenshot of Tesla’s internal name
E387B3D2-4457-438A-B532-765EB9C65A8E.jpeg “3 P75D” for our Performance models!

Reactions: preilly44