Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Sentry on when car is on Camper Mode with Climate Control on?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could someone confirm if Sentry Mode will continue to be on when the car is on Camper Mode with Climate Control on? Thinking about getting a DreamCase for car camping but would like Sentry Mode to be on while I sleep.

I wish Sentry Mode had a Paranoid Setting for extra hyper vigilent Sentry Mode when car camping so that all exterior lights come on for an extended period of time if someone approaches the car.

Sounds like a super peaceful night’s sleep, having the whole car light up like a Christmas tree every time a raccoon wanders by.

What exactly are you trying to protect against in this hypothetical scenario?

I’m sure you could test it out for all of us, but my expectation would be that Sentry would be obviously disabled while you’re physically in the car.

• Funny
Reactions: Cheburashka
Sounds like a super peaceful night’s sleep, having the whole car light up like a Christmas tree every time a raccoon wanders by.

What exactly are you trying to protect against in this hypothetical scenario?

I’m sure you could test it out for all of us, but my expectation would be that Sentry would be obviously disabled while you’re physically in the car.

I'm sure the car is smart enough to detect a person approaching the car if a $25 Wyze cam can do that. In fact Sentry seems pretty good at triggering for suspicious people and ignoring the rest.

I never said the whole car. I said the EXTERIOR lights. I don't think the exterior lights will wake me up but would give pause to anyone who approaches the car at night. Why would anyone approach the car at 3AM, anyway? If they do, let the exterior lights come on so that the camera can make a note of it. Given that this is not a concern for you, you can just not activate the feature.

I was just wondering if anyone has figures out a way to sleep in the car with camper mode and Sentry on.

Last edited:
The dream case is really over priced. You can buy an equivalent folding foam mattress on amazon for $100. That’s what we did and it’s the same size unfolded and same size folded. Just a suggestion.
I’m interested by the amazon link! Also, did you find a good solution for flattening the trunk step? The Dreamcase solution is super elegant but yes it’s overpriced.