Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla going to die?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well... this really makes me wonder how stable Elon is.

Why? People are surprised when a super powerful person thinks they are the end all, be all of something they run? What is surprising here? he is still the same person he was before, that people either love or hate or think is crazy.. .this doesnt change or validate anything.

Also,, OP, kudos (I guess?) on the ULTRA clickbait thread title. If this was in the model 3 subforums I absolutely would change the thread title to something like "Elon says If he was not the CEO of tesla it would die" which is MUCH less clickbait than your title, while still being truthful to what you were saying / posting about.

At one point, he lashed out and called the plaintiff’s attorney Randall Baron a “bad human being,” reasserting previous comments Musk had made about him. During a 2019 deposition, for instance, Musk called Baron “reprehensible” for “attacking sustainable energy,” as quoted by The Wall Street Journal.

Can't say I disagree with Elon on this one. These cases rarely benefit the greater good if there is such a thing. Line the pockets of the slippery spiders woven suits if you ask me.

Reactions: TessP100D
At one point, he lashed out and called the plaintiff’s attorney Randall Baron a “bad human being,” reasserting previous comments Musk had made about him. During a 2019 deposition, for instance, Musk called Baron “reprehensible” for “attacking sustainable energy,” as quoted by The Wall Street Journal.

Can't say I disagree with Elon on this one. These cases rarely benefit the greater good if there is such a thing. Line the pockets of the slippery spiders woven suits if you ask me.
Self dealing doesn't benefit the greater good and should not be excused based on what products they manufacture. If Exxon drastically overpaid for an oil rig owned by one of it's board members, people here would complain that they should be in prison.

Reactions: AMPd
Tesla owes its success to three things:

!) Elon, who had a vision and the money to make it happen
2) A word of mouth sales model
3) Tesla buyers are early adopters and as such will tolerate a lot of shortcoming.

Tesla's biggest threats are:

1) Elon's continued marketing strategy of overpromising and under delivering
2) No advertising
3) Most importantly, while early adopters will accept fit and finish issues, poor customer service and a horrible lack of service centers, the public at large will not

The EV market, now dominated by Tesla, is Tesla's to lose.

Tesla owes its success to three things:

!) Elon, who had a vision and the money to make it happen
2) A word of mouth sales model
3) Tesla buyers are early adopters and as such will tolerate a lot of shortcoming.

Tesla's biggest threats are:

1) Elon's continued marketing strategy of overpromising and under delivering
2) No advertising
3) Most importantly, while early adopters will accept fit and finish issues, poor customer service and a horrible lack of service centers, the public at large will not

The EV market, now dominated by Tesla, is Tesla's to lose.
It wasn’t Elon’s money that saved Tesla, it was a government loan that they received just in time. Elon talked about it in an interview many years ago.

To answer your question, maybe. When would be the real question. There are several companies that was never considered dead or near dead and I don't think that was due to a CEO saying such. Radio shack. Sears. Winn-Dixie Toys R the list is long.

An attorney from the plaintiff threw up in the jury box. One really can't make this up. What a trial today.
uarre9jbuhq21.jpg

That’s a little strong. I just Elon to dial his dreams back a little instead telling his engineers to solve every thing he can dream up. Like FSD.
I could see it being a positive thing if Elon stepped down. Imagine a CEO who sees the value in the boring parts of the job like customer service and deprioritizes things like spreading covid misinformation and accusing rescue workers of pedophilia.