Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla Providing Model 3 Test Drives in the USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Skotty

2014 S P85 | 2023 F-150L
Jun 27, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not Tesla is allowing test drives of Model 3's in the USA yet.

My wife and I are interested in getting one for the efficiency, range, and autopilot (would be very nice for my regular long range travel for work), but I'd like to test drive one first, preferably one of those extended test drives Tesla sometimes allows.

Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not Tesla is allowing test drives of Model 3's in the USA yet.

My wife and I are interested in getting one for the efficiency, range, and autopilot (would be very nice for my regular long range travel for work), but I'd like to test drive one first, preferably one of those extended test drives Tesla sometimes allows.
Yes.

https://www.tesla.com/drive?redirect=no

I just drove a performance 3 in Oceanside CA. I'd bought our blue LR M3 two days ago and the rep. that called told me about it. I know, ass backwards from how I'm used to buying. There was 7 or 8 cars there to test drive and all models but the Y of course. Call around or put out a search for Tesla local test drive. Bet you're surprised, I totally was. What a blast to drive. We own a Saab 9-2x that is a kick to drive... Not anymore. Can't wait to receive our new M3 LR!

Cool. Thanks everyone. Our 2014 P85 only gets about 240 miles on a full charge, and it's just not quite enough for my regular work trips that tend to require about 300 miles. Plus I hear I'm missing out doing all that highway driving without autopilot. A long range Model 3 is looking pretty tempting. Would be a good deal for Tesla too, as I would no longer be mooching free supercharging half way through the trip all the time.

woah! overnight loaner??? color me surprised!

I got a Model S P100D for a 24 hour test drive last year because I wanted to see how AP did on my actual drive to/from work. Tesla made a copy of my drivers license, and that was it.

Everybody at work was shocked like "Wait, they just GAVE you a 140k dollar car for a day for free?"

It's what convinced me the S was simply too big a car and the 3 was the way to go... (I mean I'd already had a reservation since day 1 2016 but that confirmed the S wasn't an alternative)

They didn’t allow me an overnight because I’m over an hr away but they did drive one out to me to test drive

FWIW I'm nearly an hour away as well (house to sales center) but I was picking up and dropping off at the sales center (since it's only 15 minutes from work)

Basically I got dropped there over lunch to pick it up, then got to drive it home in my "real" commute and keep overnight, then drive it back to work in my "real" commute, then drop it back off around lunch at Tesla.