Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla still producing the P3D- Stealth model?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the introduction of the $2K Acceleration Boost upgrade, will Tesla still produce the stealth model? I've been lusting after the model 3 for a few years now and am considering pulling the trigger. I'd much prefer the stealth over the boosted AWD model for the same price (who wouldn't? :). I just need to first make peace with the decision to sell my beloved Subaru BRZ series.yellow. It's a process....

-steve

All you have to do is call and ask sales. If you really want a P3D- you should order a model 3 way ahead of when you want it and then if a P3D- comes available you'll get it. I regret deciding not to get the P3D- so much.

Yes, they are still making the stealths. The acceleration booster is kind of a middle of the road upgrade. Getting a stealth is for sure the better choice. You need to bug the sales associates repeatedly and if you can stop by and be there while they check inventory all the better. They seem to come out in batches.

I must have had a good sales person because I didn't have to bug her at all about finding what I wanted. She was constantly checking for the car I wanted and called me when she found one available. And when I had the option to get the P3D- I must have gotten lucky because I just called and they said they had one if I wanted it.

Which is why I suggested just telling them what you want and they'll let you know when one is available. Assuming you have the time and patience to wait for one to be available

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Yes, they are still making the stealths. The acceleration booster is kind of a middle of the road upgrade. Getting a stealth is for sure the better choice. You need to bug the sales associates repeatedly and if you can stop by and be there while they check inventory all the better. They seem to come out in batches.

How do you know? I ordered my M3 SR on 01/01, and I am planning on having the sales rep to unmatch me until a stealth model becomes available, but I am afraid I may wait forever. Have you heard of anyone receiving an M3P- manufactured after the release of the acceleration boost? Or any article or insider info that points to believe Tesla will still manufacture them?

If anyone sees any M3P- available anywhere, or buys one, please, let us know so we can wait for one.

I must have had a good sales person because I didn't have to bug her at all about finding what I wanted. She was constantly checking for the car I wanted and called me when she found one available. And when I had the option to get the P3D- I must have gotten lucky because I just called and they said they had one if I wanted it.

Which is why I suggested just telling them what you want and they'll let you know when one is available. Assuming you have the time and patience to wait for one to be available

Do you know if your M3P- was manufactured this year (calendar year, not model year)?

How do you know? I ordered my M3 SR on 01/01, and I am planning on having the sales rep to unmatch me until a stealth model becomes available, but I am afraid I may wait forever. Have you heard of anyone receiving an M3P- manufactured after the release of the acceleration boost? Or any article or insider info that points to believe Tesla will still manufacture them?

If anyone sees any M3P- available anywhere, or buys one, please, let us know so we can wait for one.

mmmhhh.... now you are making me think. I got mine in December so before the boost came out.
The SA would know but I would ask in more than one place as some are better than others.

I'd toss a watch on the following thread. It usually gets updated by members when they hear of batches being made/delivered.

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

I've been looking for a Stealth too but won't settle on the color combo I want. But sadly, if I trade my AWD LR 2018 Model 3 in for a Stealth I'd lose Homelink, pay more for FSD, no 14-40 adapter, no floor mats and get that stupid PWS.

I've been looking for a Stealth too but won't settle on the color combo I want. But sadly, if I trade my AWD LR 2018 Model 3 in for a Stealth I'd lose Homelink, pay more for FSD, no 14-40 adapter, no floor mats and get that stupid PWS.

I got my P3D- in July and yes, I was a bit surprised to not get the USB cables, 14-50 plug, etc. But, I DID get floor mats and also the frunk mat.

I got mine on 12th of December, sales guy called me around 4th December and asked me if I want a performance upgrade for 2k. that time I didn't know it was called stealth, anyway I went for it. I would surely suggest to check with sales team if you want a stealth. they were trying to sell it atleast in December

Willing to lose thousands on the whole trade in / buy new process and you are concerned about the little bits like Homelink, 14-50 adapter and floor mats?
Only floor mat you no longer get is the frunk one. I thought I would use the frunk occasionally but I have used mine once, realized it is more of a pain to use than the trunk and not used it since.

Reactions: Sherlo
As far as availability of newly built (built in 2020) Stealths
It is too early to answer that.

Beginning of the first quarter the cars made are either headed to Europe or catching up on a backlog batch for the US.
Showroom locations in the US are not receiving new cars for sale right now. Have to wait another month and see.
Cars for sale on the lot today in a US location are likely cars rejected at delivery or similarly canceled cars that were already made, any remaining demos and used cars.

My opinion is they will be made again this quarter at some point in one big batch, same as last couple of quarters.
If they are smart they will increase the cost of the upgrade to $3K instead of the $2K it has been. Still a great deal at $3K more.