Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla Wiping EAP from Used Cars and Also seeking advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Forum Members,

This forum has been an awesome source of info. I have reserved a 2016 75D (former 60D) with the high fidelity and suspension upgrade (no PUP or Subzero) 2.0 for $68,500. I'm dragging my feet a bit because I really preferred the 90D with EAP, but the $68,500 for the 75D seems to be a good deal. Anywho, the randomly-assigned Tesla advisor told me last night that as of 2-3 months ago, there are no more EAPs. Tesla is, apparently, wiping clean the EAP from cars. Therefore, the only options for "CPO" (I know, there's no actual "CPO") buyers that want 2.0+ will be 2.0+ with base autopilot (which is upgradeable to FSD) or 2.0+ with FSD already installed. No more EAP. He also says that ev-cpo may incorrectly list cars with 2.0+ EAP based on the car's VIN, but once that car is in Tesla's possession, the EAP is going to be wiped out.

So, I have a few questions:
1. Have you heard about this EAP software cleanse?
2. If it's true, maybe the $68,500 for the 75D is a better deal than I originally thought because its one of the cheapest price points I've seen (for white exterior) and if everyone without FSD is going to have to pay to upgrade anyway, well.....
3. Having said that, it's almost end of the year and my hubby thinks we should just hold out for the year-end deals to get a 90D. Given the recent price drops for new cars, maybe he's right??

Anyway, would love any feedback/thoughts. Thanks!!

It's not based on VIN, as the random sales adviser suspects.

It's based on the option code list that Tesla themselves publish with each used car.

There are still several used Model Ss and Xs with EAP not just in the option codes, but clearly displayed on Tesla's own website page:

2017 Model S | Tesla
2017 Model S | Tesla
2017 Model S | Tesla
2018 Model S | Tesla
2017 Model S | Tesla
2019 Model X | Tesla
2018 Model X | Tesla
2017 Model X | Tesla

upload_2019-10-1_15-12-25.png

It's not based on VIN, as the random sales adviser suspects.

It's based on the option code list that Tesla themselves publish with each used car.

There are still several used Model Ss and Xs with EAP not just in the option codes, but clearly displayed on Tesla's own website page:

2017 Model S | Tesla
2017 Model S | Tesla
2017 Model S | Tesla
2018 Model S | Tesla
2017 Model S | Tesla
2019 Model X | Tesla
2018 Model X | Tesla
2017 Model X | Tesla

View attachment 461520
Thank you! That clears that up!!