Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a graph for speed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I can pull up a graph in the car that shows my energy consumption but can I do that with how fast I was going?

Reason I ask is because I was pulled over and the officer claimed they received a call of a black tesla doing like 200 km/h. I'm just minding my own business, letting the car drive same speed as everyday but because someone called in with that claim I get slammed with a ticket. Not for going that fast but since they can't verify the claim I get a ticket anyways for basically going 120 km/h on the highway. Which technically is over the 100 speed limit but traffic is flowing that fast.

It would be nice to have that feature to prove my story. Basically its he said she said but since we can prove anything we'll give you a ticket for going the speed of traffic...

So yeah, if I could of pulled up a graph of since I left work to when I got pulled over I could have proven that no, I wasnt doing 200 km/h. I am kind of pissed about it but I guess I wont lose a day of work to fight it.

This isn't available in the car's UI, but TeslaFi logs your max and average speeds on every drive, which you can pull up in a web browser. Not sure if that would stand up in court, but is interesting info.

I think you can download the TeslaFi telemetry by minute, and could draw a graph of your speed over time.

Not sure how the laws are in your area however, there may be a way to talk to the DA and see if they can just dismiss the charge since there was really no burden of proof. You may also, from your comment fight this due to discrimination towards being a Tesla owner. Let us know how it plays out.

Not much presumption of innocence in many countries. I got home after a month of driving various rentals on EU freeways and later received a citation by mail for going 110 km/h (68 mph) with traffic in a 100 km/h (62 MPH) section in a country that's not worth naming.

...So yeah, if I could of pulled up a graph of since I left work to when I got pulled over I could have proven that no, I wasnt doing 200 km/h. I am kind of pissed about it but I guess I wont lose a day of work to fight it.
Any traffic court would just stop you right there. You were ticketed for 120, not 200, so why are you trying to disprove 200?

However, having said that, you can look at your energy chart, and see your average energy use over the last 30miles, 50km. Then you can find an energy vs speed chart, and you'll likely find that the energy required to go 200km/h is way more than you were using at any time during the last 50km. So, you can prove it to yourself, but the judge won't want to hear it. Of course, you will be prepared to tell the stopping cop the next time, just show him your energy use doesn't match a vehicle going 200km/h.