Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a way to do "Camp Mode" with alarm and sentry on?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for those who are paranoid, is there a way to use Camp Mode but lock the doors and turn on Sentry Mode so that if someone comes near the car, it will start recording everything, plus do the flashing lights thing?

If I am asleep in the car with camp mode on, I'd really like Sentry to keep an eye out. When I went through the settings, it seems to suggest Camp Mode turns Sentry off.

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
Not a good idea to leave the alarm on (if it works at all with camp mode) as the tilt function will likely trigger it when you move in the car. For camera function I installed the dual Blackvue 900s cameras. These pull a max of 5 watts when in use and can be used at any time. I have them tapped into the 12v system with an inline kill switch to make it easy to shut them off to conserve power if desired. These cameras provide much higher quality video than the cars cameras. If you look closely at your sentry videos you’ll probably find that it can be difficult to see the details you might need if something does happen (legible license plates, etc). Something to think about.

Not a good idea to leave the alarm on (if it works at all with camp mode) as the tilt function will likely trigger it when you move in the car. For camera function I installed the dual Blackvue 900s cameras. These pull a max of 5 watts when in use and can be used at any time. I have them tapped into the 12v system with an inline kill switch to make it easy to shut them off to conserve power if desired. These cameras provide much higher quality video than the cars cameras. If you look closely at your sentry videos you’ll probably find that it can be difficult to see the details you might need if something does happen (legible license plates, etc). Something to think about.

I agree about the quality of the video but I like the deterrence effect (if any) where the car reacts to people who may get too close.

If I use Keep Climate On and lock the doors, is that essentially the same as Camp Mode with security plus Sentry?

I agree about the quality of the video but I like the deterrence effect (if any) where the car reacts to people who may get too close.

If I use Keep Climate On and lock the doors, is that essentially the same as Camp Mode with security plus Sentry?
More or less, but I don’t believe it will leave all systems on like the 12v cig socket, etc. Camp mode leaves everything on. I have yet to really test it all out though. For months I’ve done exactly that, using Climate On as my own camp mode. One other option is you could get the “Sentry Mode Activated” stickers and put them on the rear triangle side windows.

More or less, but I don’t believe it will leave all systems on like the 12v cig socket, etc. Camp mode leaves everything on. I have yet to really test it all out though. For months I’ve done exactly that, using Climate On as my own camp mode. One other option is you could get the “Sentry Mode Activated” stickers and put them on the rear triangle side windows.

I asked because I can then use Camp Mode when I'm awake and doing stuff but if I ever sleep in the car I can then have the benefit of Sentry Mode and the alarm being there for me. In fact I know I will sleep better knowing Sentry is keeping an eye out for me!

I asked because I can then use Camp Mode when I'm awake and doing stuff but if I ever sleep in the car I can then have the benefit of Sentry Mode and the alarm being there for me. In fact I know I will sleep better knowing Sentry is keeping an eye out for me!
Should be an easy thing to test in your garage or driveway. I’ve been gearing up for Spring as I plan to do some extensive camp mode road trips around Europe. Here are some of the things I bought:

Napier Sportz Dome-to-go hatch tent:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016DBTNC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DreamCase:

Configurator 3.0 – Dreamcase

Other items:

- 12v fridge
- GoalZero 28w nomad solar
- GoalZero 100AC powerbank
- Tesla Roof Racks
- Thule Motion XT Large top case

I’ll be traveling with my dog so having the hatch tent will be useful at campsites. It seals with the hatch of the car and then my dog can sleep and chill back there as well as myself and my gear. The Dreamcase bed will be where I’ll sleep and will also be useful for longer day trips and lengthy charges if I get sleepy.

I setup the Blackvue’s for video quality and remote video access through the Blackvue cloud. it’s pretty awesome and I’ve used it numerous times when my car was at the tuning shop to check in on things or in sketchy locations when I’m parked. To make this work I also had to install onboard wifi though as the Blackvue needs wifi to upload and save videos in the cloud and provide remote viewing functionality. I bought this router as it only uses 5 watts power and is stealth and hidden:

Teltonika RUT850 automotive LTE router:

RUT850 - 4G/LTE Wi-Fi Automotive Router | Teltonika Networks

Hope it helps!

Should be an easy thing to test in your garage or driveway. I’ve been gearing up for Spring as I plan to do some extensive camp mode road trips around Europe. Here are some of the things I bought:

Napier Sportz Dome-to-go hatch tent:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016DBTNC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DreamCase:

Configurator 3.0 – Dreamcase

Other items:

- 12v fridge
- GoalZero 28w nomad solar
- GoalZero 100AC powerbank
- Tesla Roof Racks
- Thule Motion XT Large top case

I’ll be traveling with my dog so having the hatch tent will be useful at campsites. It seals with the hatch of the car and then my dog can sleep and chill back there as well as myself and my gear. The Dreamcase bed will be where I’ll sleep and will also be useful for longer day trips and lengthy charges if I get sleepy.

I setup the Blackvue’s for video quality and remote video access through the Blackvue cloud. it’s pretty awesome and I’ve used it numerous times when my car was at the tuning shop to check in on things or in sketchy locations when I’m parked. To make this work I also had to install onboard wifi though as the Blackvue needs wifi to upload and save videos in the cloud and provide remote viewing functionality. I bought this router as it only uses 5 watts power and is stealth and hidden:

Teltonika RUT850 automotive LTE router:

RUT850 - 4G/LTE Wi-Fi Automotive Router | Teltonika Networks

Hope it helps!

I think you forgot the Phalanx CIWS :p

Reactions: webbah
So for those who are paranoid, is there a way to use Camp Mode but lock the doors and turn on Sentry Mode so that if someone comes near the car, it will start recording everything, plus do the flashing lights thing?

If I am asleep in the car with camp mode on, I'd really like Sentry to keep an eye out. When I went through the settings, it seems to suggest Camp Mode turns Sentry off.
One of the Sentry mode responses is to blast music at a high volume, right? Unless they disable that for the Sentry Camp mode, the occupants will suffer from the alarm going off.

One of the Sentry mode responses is to blast music at a high volume, right? Unless they disable that for the Sentry Camp mode, the occupants will suffer from the alarm going off.

This would only happen in the event of a break-in or overt attempt to break into the car and at which points, yes, by all means wake me up. That's kind of the point though in wishing to have Sentry Mode on while I sleep in the car.

Here's an idea, while in camp Mode, Sentry Mode becomes dog mode where it basically barks if someone attempts to break into the car or starts acting suspiciously around the car. :p