Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a way to ignore threads?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish this forum had a "kill thread" feature, but it doesn't. Here's what I'm doing: it's a bit technical, using Stylish for safari. There are similar extensions for other browsers, and they're useful for minor UI customization too.

.messageList {
display: none !important;
}

Add the thread ids you want to block to the regex group. Thread ids are visible in the location bar whenever you're viewing a thread.

Note that this won't block threads from search results, including the "new posts" list. But if you inadvertently open a thread you've "killed", at least you won't see any of the posts.

This thread has "unwatch thread".

However, only option I see on other threads is "watch thread". I want them to not show up so my list is shorter.
Because you've posted in it, you are watching it (according to the default rules; you can turn off the 'default "watch what I post in" rule'....).

Unless you watch entire forums, you won't watch everything automatically.

I'd still like to see this use-case addressed on TMC. My TMC bookmark is the "Unread Posts From Watched Forums" page. Mostly that works very well, but there are a couple of immortal, high-traffic threads that I'd rather not see at all because they're permanently stuck in off-topic political or ideological discussions (A & B to name two, but there are more). It would be nice if I could hide/kill/ignore such threads, so that they wouldn't appear in my "unread posts in watched forums" view.