Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there any way to access the 1 hour loop video of the Dashcam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard that the Tesla DashCam generally maintains a video log going back one hour with, of course, the previous 10 minute segment saved when you press the dashcam button.

I've poked around the DashCam folder but I have not seen the 1 hour loop video that gets overwritten. Does anyone know how to access the last hour of video footage as you could normally do with a traditional dashcam?

You should have Teslacam folder with couple folders one recent other saved and a cache folder as well. The hour loop files are in recent should have a series of files one for front, left and right views each as it's own file. the time stamps are in UTC so to find a time you need to convert your local time to UTC.

• Helpful
Reactions: DCEV
It is a one clock-hour loop. So if you drive for an hour, and then park for an hour before you pull the USB stick to access the video it will be deleted.

Correct, if you leave the USB drive in then it will end up deleting the recent files.

Saved files folder will have any sentry activated video and any of the 10 min video you saved by tapping the camera icon while it is in record mode.