Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there no annual premium connectivity in Canada?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately there is not. My free trial ended a couple weeks ago. I wanted to sign up for the discounted annual fee but it’s not available here. I have not subbed to the monthly option.

I’ve been using my phone hotspot but it’s a paint to keep having to get that going each time I enter the car.

Unfortunately there is not. My free trial ended a couple weeks ago. I wanted to sign up for the discounted annual fee but it’s not available here. I have not subbed to the monthly option.

I’ve been using my phone hotspot but it’s a paint to keep having to get that going each time I enter the car.
Isn't that just a split second toggle to turn it on? The car will connect to it automatically once it's been set up to connect to your phone

Isn't that just a split second toggle to turn it on? The car will connect to it automatically once it's been set up to connect to your phone
I'm using iOS. I keep the Hotspot turned on at all times but when my car leaves the garage, it does not automatically connect to my hotspot once it drops my home wifi.

I have the setting turned on in the car to allow it to keep wifi on when in drive. It's enabled for my home network as well otherwise when the car disconnects from my home wifi it turns the radio off.

Even with all that, I always have to go to Settings/Personal Hotspot on my phone for the car to connect to it. If there's another way around this I'm open to learning. Thanks.

*edit

Just looked into this more. Turns out my experience is by Apple's design.

Last edited: