Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this 2016 a good buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all!

Sorry for the newbie question, but wasn't sure where else to ask. I'm new to Teslas but have been doing some reading mentioning certain hardware versions that one should look into when purchasing used.

I'm currently looking at this one:
Is this considered a good model year to buy? Anything I should look for, or ask?

Thank you for any help!

If this was privately owned by the original owner, it would have FUSC most likely. Unfortunately, this is a Tesla owned used car so it was stripped off. It only has pay per use supercharging.
Yeah, I'd love for it to have FUSC but I know I'd have to buy privately for that to transfer. I haven't seen any for sale privately that I liked, so that's why considering this one from Tesla. Oddly enough the price for this one has come down a few hundred since I started looking. I wonder how much lower it can go before I (or someone else!) scoops it up, haha

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'd love for it to have FUSC but I know I'd have to buy privately for that to transfer. I haven't seen any for sale privately that I liked, so that's why considering this one from Tesla. Oddly enough the price for this one has come down a few hundred since I started looking. I wonder how much lower it can go before I (or someone else!) scoops it up, haha
Thats always the fun game with used Teslas! The longer you wait the more the price drops, but the more people are waiting to pounce! If you want this one I highly recommend jumping on it.

I did want to show you this one too as it is probably a better deal 164806 . It has lower miles & more features (vented seats, heated steering wheel, ultra high fidelity sound, and a 72amp charger). If any of those matter to you, you might want to look at this one as well.

Upvote 0
Thats always the fun game with used Teslas! The longer you wait the more the price drops, but the more people are waiting to pounce! If you want this one I highly recommend jumping on it.

I did want to show you this one too as it is probably a better deal 164806 . It has lower miles & more features (vented seats, heated steering wheel, ultra high fidelity sound, and a 72amp charger). If any of those matter to you, you might want to look at this one as well.
Thanks for sharing that! I would so be on board with it, but I don't want a red car, and I really want the white interior. Ah, this is hard!

Also, where do you see that it's 72amp charger? I just read about that and read it's highly recommended for a performance model so looks like I have more homework to do :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0