Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a good deal ? 2017 Model X P100D $80K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HW2.0: No dashcam feature.
MCU1: no games, no TVs, no rear camera recording.

Tbh, if the car has HW2.5 and MCU1, you might have a hope for a FSD HW3 swap coming to you. MCU1 might not compatible with HW3 and they would need an upgrade solution for that (take time to research).

Here is the scenario:
+ It might take them a year to do the upgrade for HW2.5+MCU2 to HW3.
+ Another year to do HW2.5+MCU1.
+ HW2 do not have enough redundancy wiring. They still don’t have any solution for that. HW2->HW2.5 isn’t just sensors & cameras swap. At this point, they would abandon HW2.

It isn’t worth to buy HW2 anymore.

Woah!! If AP2 MCU1 will not be upgraded to latest, then its not worth buying this car for 80k. How can I confirm that AP2 will not be upgraded. Just the previous post from ‘Tam’ states AP2 will be upgraded for free. How can I get a confirmed answer or even a written statement from tesla before putting in 80k on this used model X

By look elsewhere, you mean look at a used AP2.5 or a New 2020 Raven. Correct ?
Yes. Tesla are awesome vehicles to own. With the frequent software updates you will feel like you get a new vehicle when new features are released (even for old vehicles) but the same thing makes you feel while mytesla cannot do that.. because of the hardware and is not always a straight or easy path for upgrades..

I was in the same situation this week. Unsure between used and new. By the end, went with a new 2020 Raven.

It's such a big investment, that $10k on the financing won't make a big difference and I have peace of mind that I'll get all the latest features and more chances of upgrades.

Agreed. We looked at used X over the summer. Prices weren't that great. So, we ended up leasing a new Raven. No regrets.

giphy.gif

I do not think this is a good deal. I got a P100D 2018 demo model, that was considered new, for 80.2k. Black with white interior fsd, unl supercharging, 6 seater 20” wheels, mcu 2.

Inside sales advisors have way better options than what you can see online. PM me if you want a contact (not sure if he is still with the company) for an inside sales advisor.

Reactions: nomad415