Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a good deal on a P85 AP1 CPO?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been lurking on the forums for few months and found a P85 with Autopilot (rare) that I finally put a down payment on. Seems a bit pricey but wanted to the community's take.

85 kWh Performance Model S 2014 December Build
35k Total Miles

EXTERIOR
Silver Metallic Paint
Body Color Roof
21" Grey Turbine Wheels

INTERIOR
Black Performance Leather Seats
Piano Black Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner

PERFORMANCE
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Tesla Red Brake Calipers

CHARGING
Free Supercharging

OPTIONS
Tech Package
Auto Pilot 1.0 HW + SW
Standard Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Premium Interior Lighting

To put things in perspective, remember that a brand new 75D has the same performance (0-60mph in 4.2 seconds) and almost the same range as a P85 (259 miles vs 265 miles) and it costs only $64,500 after incentives. Granted, enhanced autopilot, premium seats, and premium package will add another $13,300 to the price if you want all the extras, but then you’re getting a brand new car with the latest tech.

Reactions: bhzmark
To put things in perspective, remember that a brand new 75D has the same performance (0-60mph in 4.2 seconds) and almost the same range as a P85 (259 miles vs 265 miles) and it costs only $64,500 after incentives. Granted, enhanced autopilot, premium seats, and premium package will add another $13,300 to the price if you want all the extras, but then you’re getting a brand new car with the latest tech.

precisely why this is a tough decision for me... but i see the 75d as being minimum 75k after incentives for me as I do want a color aside from black + autopilot 2.0 enabled + not eligible for CA rebate. So the $15k difference is material on my end.

precisely why this is a tough decision for me... but i see the 75d as being minimum 75k after incentives for me as I do want a color aside from black + autopilot 2.0 enabled + not eligible for CA rebate. So the $15k difference is material on my end.
Design variables and small things have improved since then. Also count in that most of the time these batteries worsen with age rather than miles. I would go with a new S75D or better yet price wise, find a showroom S75 non-D and it'll help you out on cost. Plus you'll get AP2 or in the new S75D case; AP2.5 and will subsequently get many many future AP software support updates and upgrades.

And you're getting a brand new car. Not a used one.
Nothing wrong with a used choice, just at this close of a price point, might as well go a little extra in and get a whole new setup.
Also in my opinion the refreshed front ends make the upgrade speak for itself!!

I'd say no. I look at the CPO listings multiple times a day and there are AP1 cars that pop up under 55K. If you want a CPO car the best thing to do is refresh the listings every 30min or so. Or get with a Tesla Adviser and let them know what you are looking for. Most of the times they will find a trade in and sell it to you before they even have it in their possession. If you aren't working with someone right now I can get Brents info(Tesla guy who helps me)

Reactions: selfbp
Absolute YES, go look at EV cpo hunter, avg price for p85 with ap is around 70k, not to mention its impossible to find those two combinations as tesla phased out p85 and p85+ as AP was getting introduced.

Also the lowest 75D with AP you'll find is 80k pre incentives. If you are getting the full rebate as you mentioned this isn't a bad deal at all.

If you don't buy it pm me.

Reactions: b team
@TwitchAD , the P85 with AP1 is a great car and about the only missing option is Smart Air Suspension, which some people may not want in a performance car. The RWD will be somewhat quieter than a dual-motor Model S, and since there's no front motor, you get a ton of extra storage in the frunk.

This is a rare configuration, as you noted. We're keeping track of all known P85 (and P85+) AP1 cars over on this thread. Do you happen to know the VIN of this Model S? If you end up buying it, please consider joining the "300" group.

@TwitchAD , the P85 with AP1 is a great car and about the only missing option is Smart Air Suspension, which some people may not want in a performance car. The RWD will be somewhat quieter than a dual-motor Model S, and since there's no front motor, you get a ton of extra storage in the frunk.

This is a rare configuration, as you noted. We're keeping track of all known P85 (and P85+) AP1 cars over on this thread. Do you happen to know the VIN of this Model S? If you end up buying it, please consider joining the "300" group.

Thank you thecloud, the Vin is 5YJSA1H12EFP60495.

I wonder if the previous owner was a TMC member? Would love to join if I end up buying it and if not, I'll likely let the folks in the forum know so it stays with the community.

also part of me is a bit sad that its a silver color + colored roof (nothing against silver btw, but always thought pano looked amazing on teslas).

i think based on this configuration, i'm assuming the first owner was an enthusiast of sorts as well (if he really cared about performance).

I'll def take the 75d argument into consideration. It's still a $15k difference for me at the end of the day which is material and even this car at $60k is a bit of a stretch for me financially...

i like the rarity and I love my P85+ but oddly the lack of a sunroof is a deal breaker for me... no sunroof also means no premium audio...

the 75d is a great car but people are missing the fact that you cant get the tax credit which is the big equalizer...

A P85+ with AP just sold here a couple weeks back and was better equipped...

If you dont mind the roof it is a good deal but not a great deal IMHO

i like the rarity and I love my P85+ but oddly the lack of a sunroof is a deal breaker for me... no sunroof also means no premium audio...

the 75d is a great car but people are missing the fact that you cant get the tax credit which is the big equalizer...

A P85+ with AP just sold here a couple weeks back and was better equipped...

If you dont mind the roof it is a good deal but not a great deal IMHO

is premium audio different from high fidelity audio? its listed in the car's spec sheet but wanted to understand if it was something different.

seems like the previous owner was an enthusiast, all black interior + coils + no glassroof to save weight.