Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a good deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a kid on the way and one of our leases is expiring. I really wanted to convince my wife to get a Model 3 but she didn't like the trunk nor the rear seats.

So this is what we are looking at for $51K: 12/2016 75D with EAP, panoramic roof, turbines, and nextgen interior with 28K miles. It seems like a decent deal but hard to tell what these normally go for. I don't really care about FUSC that much, but I do want AP2+ as I think it has improved leaps and bounds over AP1 at this point.

I'd tend to suggest staying where you are and possibly looking at the Model Y. With a kid, and any follow-ons, your vehicle requirements are going to change. So now isn't the greatest time to get locked into a new car, especially if the cost is a reach.

Anyone? Bueller?

Can't tell if it's a good deal or not. Seems ok based on ev-cpo website, but curious if people are buying loaded AP2 cars below 50K now.

Find the car on Tesla US New CPO and Used cars including MS MX and Model 3 as it will show you the market for similar cars including both Tesla listed and those for sale at other garages and give you a value assessment against the market. Trouble with ev-cpo is it only gives a very selective view of the market.

i had the same requirements and had a limit of 60k for 75D with AP2+. Wanted a 2016 unicorn with free supercharging.
ended up ordering 2018 100D for 75k after recent price drop on a new inventory models. whats good about it is you get a tax rebate of 6.250$, so it comes down to 70k for a NEW 100D!!!
Exxample: Model S 100D 5YJSA1E29JF288268 | Tesla
so i went for a longer loan and higher downpayment

Reactions: Cheburashka
i had the same requirements and had a limit of 60k for 75D with AP2+. Wanted a 2016 unicorn with free supercharging.
ended up ordering 2018 100D for 75k after recent price drop on a new inventory models. whats good about it is you get a tax rebate of 6.250$, so it comes down to 70k for a NEW 100D!!!
Exxample: Model S 100D 5YJSA1E29JF288268 | Tesla
so i went for a longer loan and higher downpayment

Nice!

Yeah, 50K is not a stretch for us but 70K is, unfortunately. Prefer not to carry a super long loan.

i've seen 2016 90D with AP2 for 57k once through ev-cpo, but missed it by a couple hours. sign up for their email alerts, very helpful
удачи в поиске!

Спасибо!

I've seen AP2 cars in the high 50s on Tesla's used website too but they go super quick.

I don't really care that much about range. 200 miles plenty for my wife's uses. I do want the pano roof & leather seats though.

Nice!

Yeah, 50K is not a stretch for us but 70K is, unfortunately. Prefer not to carry a super long loan.

There are new inventory 75D for low 60s listed on evcpo. Add in fed tax rebate and state incentives and it should be much better value compared to a used model. The 100d for low 70s is still the better way to go due to the newest tech and range and qualifies for all incentives.

I'd tend to suggest staying where you are and possibly looking at the Model Y. With a kid, and any follow-ons, your vehicle requirements are going to change. So now isn't the greatest time to get locked into a new car, especially if the cost is a reach.
Huh?
I have a kid and the model s works just fine for us.
The trunk is big enough for a stroller
Car seat fits just fine

Even for road trips we can fit our suitcase of clothes in the trunk with the stroller. Plus the frunk provides more storage for diapers and other accessories

Model S 75D 5YJSA1E27JF286177 | Tesla

This is the lowest price 75D right now, textile interior and no pano roof for $69K.
I saw Teslas textile interior in person and kinda liked it.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you end up ordering.

Textile interior I like, but it won't work with our dog that sheds twice a year, 180 days each time.

Will probably go with the used 75D for ~50K. Seems like decent value plus will retain it pretty well due to FUSC, which I don't need anyway but I guess it's nice to have for the next owner.