Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a problem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my brand new 2023 Model Y for 1 week now. This would be my second Tesla (own a M3 as well). I noticed a couple of things.

1). I did a soft reboot to the car because my app wasn't linking well with it. On rebooting, I noticed the screen flickering briefly when turning back on. Here is a screenshot of that. My M3 does not do this, so is this a big problem? I repeated the reboot and each time the screen flickers as it comes back on.

2). The icon of the car on the screen (NOT the app) displays that my driver's side rear door window is open, when in fact it is closed. I tried to do a window calibration reset and it didn't work.

Are there quick fixes for this, or should I set up a Tesla service appointment?
IMG_0440.jpg

I would open a service ticket just to document the issues, at least. The open window thing could be a flakey sensor or bad connection or anything.

Same with screen flicker. I've had weird things happen with the screen, but never anything consistent/repeatable. Can't hurt to start a ticket. Maybe they can fix it remotely with new software or something.

Add photos and video to the request so they can see it.

I would open a service ticket just to document the issues, at least. The open window thing could be a flakey sensor or bad connection or anything.

Same with screen flicker. I've had weird things happen with the screen, but never anything consistent/repeatable. Can't hurt to start a ticket. Maybe they can fix it remotely with new software or something.

Add photos and video to the request so they can see it.
Thank you!

Reactions: OxBrew
is it just flickering during the reboot process? i would think that could be part of that process

or is it flickering after you reboot when the system is up and running…that would be a problem