Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this as far down as the Model 3 backseat window goes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 10.58.46 AM.png

Putting aside that car appears to still be the alpha (which would not represent how the production version is), from the side profile, it looks like the window should be able to go most of the way down (with a tiny bit left as typical). At most they might have to adjust the pillar a tiny bit, but the design doesn't seem to be a problem.

I didn't find a good picture of the S with the windows, open, but this one of the convertible kind of shows it. There is a bit of window left near the B-pillar, but the window is most of the way down. I'm pretty sure the Model 3 shape can be designed for similar.
tesla-conv-3.jpg

Model 3 Alpha:
2017-Tesla-Model-3-side-profile.jpg

Model S:
2016-Tesla-Model-S-P90D-side.jpg

Last edited:
Remember in the test drive videos the passengers had to ask the driver to roll down the window as they couldn't. Assume this car (which was the same as in the test drives) doesn't have all the hardware/electrics that a production vehicle will have.

Remember in the test drive videos the passengers had to ask the driver to roll down the window as they couldn't. Assume this car (which was the same as in the test drives) doesn't have all the hardware/electrics that a production vehicle will have.
Most cars have a button to disable the passengers windows so the kids can't play with them. That might be why the passengers couldn't open them.

Reactions: Big-T
I was wondering the same thing when I saw this video.

This was obviously an Alpha version of the car since there are no side cameras visible - unless I'm missing something. So-- hopefully that is a lack of function for the Alpha version.

I'm also wondering - was that a standard Red MX in the beginning of the video? That thing was absolutely beautiful. I don't really like the shape of the MX but that angle view was stunning.