Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Flew out to buy a MX and see this on the full wing door frame. The other side looks nothing like it. I’ve heard Tesla has junk welds but this is a whole new level. And the gullwing door won’t open fully on its own unless you override it and hold the button down.
IMG_6152.png

the fact that the door doesn't open on it's own is enough reason to keep moving along - it's probably a busted sensor, but maybe the sensors got messed up in huge repair job?... either way, you don't want to buy an X that already has door issues

Reactions: Dracaris
the fact that the door doesn't open on it's own is enough reason to keep moving along - it's probably a busted sensor, but maybe the sensors got messed up in huge repair job?... either way, you don't want to buy an X that already has door issues
My thoughts exactly. I’ve heard of bad factory weld jobs but this is another level. Def looks like a repair and with the added door issue I decided to skip it. The other side looks nothing like it.
ThNks for all the replies.
On the hunt for another MX now…

Reactions: gaswalla