Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Israel/Hamas conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New real estate plans for Gaza? Sounds like somebody is getting their news from Tik Tok. The far right in Israel would love to deport all of the Palestinians from Gaza (and the West Bank for that matter), but they represent a fringe minority. There are crazy fringe elements in every country these days. But if the sort of horrific violence we saw on 10/7 continues, that fringe sentiment among Israelis will become more mainstream. I don't think Hamas ever anticipated either how successful their 10/7 terrorism would be, or the degree of blowback from it.

Reactions: bhzmark and madodel
Well, instead of attacking me, please correct me if I am wrong in my claim that the goal of zionism is to occupy all these lands or not.
Then stop making foolish claims and review a map of the Region.

If Israel (or Zionism) wanted to occupy all these lands as you claim - why the heck did Israel give all of the Sinai Peninsula back to Egypt and Gaza back to Palestinians?

Israel has demonstrated time and time again that they are willing to swap land for peace.

Palestinians have demonstrated time and time again that they are unwilling to tolerate any Jews living in modern day Israel.

Reactions: CatB and bhzmark
I don't like Hamas.. but what do you expect to happen if you oppress people? Do you expect them to roll over and obey? Evil creates evil, as simple as that.
I don't expect people with a higher standard of living then most of the 3rd world, to turn into murderous death cults that resort to necrophilia, pedophillia, killing/raping wives in front of husbands and burning babies alive.

I don't expect any human on this planet, no matter how oppressed to CELEBRATE and proudly videotape the murder of innocent women and children civilians. Even the Nazis were smart enough (or had enough shame) to try and hide their barbarity on civilians.

Yes - I live in reality. Easy to look up and not fall for Islamist propaganda.

The combined GDP or the West Bank and Gaza is $3,779 per capita. That is higher than Syria, Pakistan, India, Philippines, Morocco, Bolivia, Bangladesh, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan....and virtually all of Africa and South America.

Gaza's GDP per capita is probably less than half the combined total, but also one of the biggest recipients of international aid which explains why Gaza has one of the fastest growing (and most obese) populations in the world. If Gazans hadn't elected a Genocidal Death Cult 17 years ago with Hamas, Gaza would be a wealthy seaside town with loads of tourism. But trying to eliminate the Jews in Israel was apparently more important for Gazans?

So it is beyond grotesque for people to act like suffering was so terrible and unique in Gaza before the war to justify their animalistic atrocities on 10/7.

All the data I see for GDP combines the West Bank and Gaza. I suspect that the West Bank has the lion's share of the GDP for the two regions. I can't find anything that shows the GDP for Gaza separately. From all the evidence, Gaza is very poor.

Reactions: Sti-g
I don’t argue with anti-Semites...I’m too old and too wise
How come wise people just label others without knowing them? It looks like you not only don't know what anti-semite means, but you also don't know what being wise means.
Just for your education: I am criticizing Israel (as a government) and zionism. I have no problem with jews or judaism or even citizens of Israel.

Reactions: Bet TSLA
I don't expect people with a higher standard of living then most of the 3rd world, to turn into murderous death cults that resort to necrophilia, pedophillia, killing/raping wives in front of husbands and burning babies alive.
You keep saying Gazan's have higher standard of living, but failed to prove it. The links you shared is for combined Gaza and West Bank economies, with a note saying that due to blockade of Gaza, pretty much nothing is getting in or out. Tell me, how can you do trade when nothing can pass through your borders?

I don't expect any human on this planet, no matter how oppressed to CELEBRATE and proudly videotape the murder of innocent women and children civilians. Even the Nazis were smart enough (or had enough shame) to try and hide their barbarity on civilians.
Sure. It is 100% wrong to murder innocent civilians. Celebrating on video is even worse. Unfortunately we see Israel army doing the same. So do you just have a problem with Hamas doing it, or do you have the same concern when it comes to Israel? Nazis were smart, indeed. They didn't make public statements about the genocide they were carrying out. Seems like Israeli leadership got to a point of arrogance that they think they can openly call for genocide, and get away with it.

Then stop making foolish claims and review a map of the Region.

If Israel (or Zionism) wanted to occupy all these lands as you claim - why the heck did Israel give all of the Sinai Peninsula back to Egypt and Gaza back to Palestinians?

Israel has demonstrated time and time again that they are willing to swap land for peace.

Palestinians have demonstrated time and time again that they are unwilling to tolerate any Jews living in modern day Israel.
If Israel is so keen on occupying only the Palestinian lands based on 1948 borders or 1967 borders, why are they keep annexing more and more of West Bank? Why several ministers in the government including Netanyahu are making remarks about "helping" Gazans to "transfer" to other countries?

The only thing Israel demonstrated, sadly, is that if Palestinians want to get any of their land back, they have to resort to armed resistance

All the data I see for GDP combines the West Bank and Gaza. I suspect that the West Bank has the lion's share of the GDP for the two regions. I can't find anything that shows the GDP for Gaza separately. From all the evidence, Gaza is very poor.

OK - assume Gaza's GDP is even 1/3 of the total for Palestine. It is still higher than much of the 3rd world..........who don't get a fraction of the international aid and assistance that Gaza has been getting for decades.

Look at this tourism video of Gaza from a few years ago. It is a total lie to pretend that suffering in Gaza was so extreme and unique to justify Hamas' unimaginable barbarity on 10/7.

Much of this is gone now because Hamas decided it was better to try and destroy Israel as opposed to living peacefully as neighbors.

Reactions: bhzmark and CatB
Celebrating on video is even worse. Unfortunately we see Israel army doing the same.

Absurd.

The IDF is raping and killing wives and daughters in front of their husbands and fathers? The IDF is shooting babies in their cribs? The IDF is decapitating Gazans and trying to sell their heads?

Reactions: bhzmark
New real estate plans for Gaza? Sounds like somebody is getting their news from Tik Tok. The far right in Israel would love to deport all of the Palestinians from Gaza (and the West Bank for that matter), but they represent a fringe minority. There are crazy fringe elements in every country these days. But if the sort of horrific violence we saw on 10/7 continues, that fringe sentiment among Israelis will become more mainstream. I don't think Hamas ever anticipated either how successful their 10/7 terrorism would be, or the degree of blowback from it.
I wish the "crazy fringe elements' were really fringe. Maybe they are fringe, but they are in the government now, thanks to Netanyahu.

Reactions: Bet TSLA
Even is we accept Hamas' absurd civilian death toll claims in Gaza, it is well below the UN's reported average civilian to combatant death toll ratio in urban areas.

UN says average global civilian to combatant death ratio is typically 9:1.

In Gaza IDF seem to have achieved only 1.5:1.

In previous wars, Gaza health ministry numbers matched UN and Israel numbers, so there is nothing absurd about the number of people being massacred in this war, which is >24k + >8k under rubble, presumed dead.

It is hilarious that Israeli army achieved 1.5:1, when US intelligence reports say nearly half the bombs used in Gaza are dumb-bombs:

Let's not forget using 2000lb bombs in refugee camps:

I wish the "crazy fringe elements' were really fringe. Maybe they are fringe, but they are in the government now, thanks to Netanyahu.
Netanyahu and his band of loonies are going to get kicked to the curb in short order. Meanwhile, the kibutzim and young concertgoers that Hamas and Gazan civilians raped, tortured, murdered, and kidnapped on 10/7 were among the most left leaning, friendly to Palestinians, Israelis.

How come wise people just label others without knowing them? It looks like you not only don't know what anti-semite means, but you also don't know what being wise means.
Just for your education: I am criticizing Israel (as a government) and zionism. I have no problem with jews or judaism or even citizens of Israel.
I know, some of your best friends are Jews….and let me guess…they’re anti Zionist as well…

Netanyahu and his band of loonies are going to get kicked to the curb in short order. Meanwhile, the kibutzim and young concertgoers that Hamas and Gazan civilians raped, tortured, murdered, and kidnapped on 10/7 were among the most left leaning, friendly to Palestinians, Israelis.
Oct 7 was not about land for the Palestinians. It was to force a brutal response to tank the Saudi's normalization of relations with Israel. These are terrorists who are only interested in murdering everyone, including the Palestinians just to keep peace from happening and keeping themselves in power.So the more brutal and insane their actions that day the better.

Oct 7 was not about land for the Palestinians. It was to force a brutal response to tank the Saudi's normalization of relations with Israel. These are terrorists who are only interested in murdering everyone, including the Palestinians just to keep peace from happening and keeping themselves in power.So the more brutal and insane their actions that day the better.
Ultimately, I think it was. Not that their methodology has any real chance of success. But for those trying to justify the terrorism.... just pathetic.

Reactions: navguy12