Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Israel/Hamas conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Iran seems to be backing away from a direct confrontation with the US. And on this page is an article about the terrorists who launched attacks on US bases deciding to call it quits as well. The US doesn't give a pass to terrorists so even if these scumbags fade back into the sewers they will be hunted.

Iran Suggests It Doesn’t Want War After U.S. Warning Over Drone Attack

In a surprise move, an Iran-linked militia in Iraq that the Pentagon said was likely responsible for a lethal drone attack on a U.S. base in Jordan over the weekend announced on Tuesday that it was suspending military operations in Iraq under pressure from the Iraqi government and from Iran.

The announcement came shortly after President Biden said that he had decided how to respond to the attack in Jordan on Sunday that left three U.S. soldiers dead, though he did not say what that response would be. His comment raised fears in Iraq about a possibly retaliatory U.S. attack on its territory.

Reactions: DrGriz
Iran seems to be backing away from a direct confrontation with the US. And on this page is an article about the terrorists who launched attacks on US bases deciding to call it quits as well. The US doesn't give a pass to terrorists so even if these scumbags fade back into the sewers they will be hunted.

Iran Suggests It Doesn’t Want War After U.S. Warning Over Drone Attack
I don’t get…Iran admits it is in complete control of these groups…then proves it. So they disband….then what?…reform under a different banner or get absorbed into Iran’s web of similar groups.

I think setting up terrorist command centers in civilian hospitals more than meets the definition.

Is anyone claiming that the 3 Palestinians killed were civilians and not terrorist leaders?
They may be terrorists. But was the hospital a command center? That's a leap.
Regardless of that, if you find terrorists, go arrest them. Don't execute them. That's a dangerous precedent. I haven't seen any guns in the hospital room. Also, Israeli army criticizes hamas as dressing up like civilians and goes and does the same. Hypocrisy...

I understand and empathize with your frustration about cutting funding to UNRWA, but if you're paying a doctor to heal you and that doctor is making things worse, you'd switch doctors, wouldn't you?
I would change that doctor, not the hospital. I think that is the part you are missing. Fire & prosecute the 12 (allegedly) involved. Why punish 2.3 million people in Gaza, when they need the help most? Do you not believe the news articles that people are at the point of starving to death?

Looking at the quotes you pulled up and your assertion that you "share info on Israel's..." I think the bigger problem is that you conflate the extremist minority leadership of Israel with ALL Israel, and fail to distinguish between Hamas (leadership of Gaza) and Gaza citizens (who happened to have elected Hamas as their leadership) and Palestinians who don't support Hamas. What the split is between Hamas supporters and "innocent Palestinian victims" is hard to discern. In each of the quotes you pulled, you've left out the context, and failed to see that you do the same thing, only worse.
I disagree. I either write about Israeli army, or Israel as a government. Or sometimes I specifically mention Netanyahu or use the word "Israeli ministers". I have made that clear several times, since I was called an antisemite by several users.
I also made couple of statements that I have no sympathy for hamas...

I would change that doctor, not the hospital. I think that is the part you are missing. Fire & prosecute the 12 (allegedly) involved. Why punish 2.3 million people in Gaza, when they need the help most? Do you not believe the news articles that people are at the point of starving to death?
If a hospital was hurting you, you would check out of the hospital.
Organization is hurting the Gazans by supporting terrorism.
Therefore stop funding them until they fix their problem.

I understand and empathize with your frustration about cutting funding to UNRWA, but if you're paying a doctor to heal you and that doctor is making things worse, you'd switch doctors, wouldn't you? Same thing with UNWRA - allowing employees to murder/rape/terrorize innocent civilians is beyond the pale. That's pretty gross negligence. They have one job to do: improve the lives of Palestinian refugees and instead, they instigated the destruction of Gaza. How can you *not* realize that Israel had no choice but to defend itself after that terrorist attack? This is basically "suicide by cop" at a national level. And UNWRA *was* an accomplice if their very employees participated, and also if the education they supported included the kind of hateful indoctrination that madodel and indysurfer have shown.

Looking at the quotes you pulled up and your assertion that you "share info on Israel's..." I think the bigger problem is that you conflate the extremist minority leadership of Israel with ALL Israel, and fail to distinguish between Hamas (leadership of Gaza) and Gaza citizens (who happened to have elected Hamas as their leadership) and Palestinians who don't support Hamas. What the split is between Hamas supporters and "innocent Palestinian victims" is hard to discern. In each of the quotes you pulled, you've left out the context, and failed to see that you do the same thing, only worse.

Please refer to collection below:

This is just a true statement. If a nation continues to terrorize its neighbors, they are waging war and will not have peace. Gazans elected Hamas to lead them into war. Bad choice. Very bad choice. As long as history has been written down, and probably before, innocent (and complicit) citizens have been led into war and paid the ultimate price for their leaders' bad decisions. War sucks. That's why most civilized nations try to avoid it. Terrorist attacks on neighboring countries (Germany and Japan in WW2, Russia in February 2022, Gaza 10/7/23) commits the aggressor nations and the victim nations to warfare.
Why do you have trouble understanding this principle? It doesn't mean Israel was blameless, and yes, Israel has had better leaders who were more encouraging of peaceful solutions, but from what I'm hearing, the current leadership will be gone as soon as possible precisely because a lot of Israeli citizens would rather not have a hawkish extremist. In fact, if I recall correctly, before the terrorist attacks, there were demonstrations against him.

This is why Gazans made that very bad choice. You're also taking this statement out of context, it is actually explaining why the "average Palestinian" in a specific video held certain opinions.

First quote perfectly points out the distinction that you're missing. Indysurfer does not equate the "radical element" to "all Gazans", but believes they are the majority. Since the majority of Gazans apparently voted for Hamas, and based on the polls I've heard, this is a reasonable opinion.

Simplistically looking at the leadership of each country and blaming all the citizens for the mistakes/flaws of the leader is fine if you do it BOTH ways.

But it's still not a useful or helpful debate or discussion.
Again, I disagree. The wording is all inclusive of Gazans or sometimes Gazans and West Bankers. Maybe the intention was not that, but the wording is all inclusive.

This is just a true statement. If a nation continues to terrorize its neighbors, they are waging war and will not have peace.
I suppose this is where we disagree. You may be seeing Gazans/Palestinians as terrorizing their neighbors, but there are couple of issues with that statement. First, are they really neighbors? Both Gaza and West Bank are occupied territory. Second, how do you differentiate between armed resistance to the occupier and terrorism?

Gazans elected Hamas to lead them into war. Bad choice.
I agree it was a bad choice. But do you know that election happened in 2006? That's 17 years ago. Gaza population was 473,257. Assume half of them is children. IIRC, hamas won by a small margin, so let's call that half the votes. So roughly 120,000 people elected hamas. Gaza's population is 2,300,000 people today. I think it is a lame excuse to say Gazans elected hamas. And this is without going into how Israel government, especially Netanyahu financially helped hamas. And how, after the election, they erected the fence/wall, punishing Gazans. You can turn the nicest person in the world to a terrorist if you deny them basic human rights for 17 years, while randomly and periodically killing their family members.

If a hospital was hurting you, you would check out of the hospital.
Organization is hurting the Gazans by supporting terrorism.
Therefore stop funding them until they fix their problem.
You are making a leap. All we have is that 12 people allegedly took part in Oct 7th. Now you are saying the organization is supporting terrorism. That is a massive leap.

By the way, let's say it is that way. That UNRWA is somehow supporting terrorism. Why pull the support now? When people need it most. Back to your hospital analogy, you may have a problem with the hospital, but if you were stabbed 10 times, you would not go out and search for a new hospital. You would use the problematic hospital still.

You are making a leap. All we have is that 12 people allegedly took part in Oct 7th. Now you are saying the organization is supporting terrorism. That is a massive leap.

By the way, let's say it is that way. That UNRWA is somehow supporting terrorism. Why pull the support now? When people need it most. Back to your hospital analogy, you may have a problem with the hospital, but if you were stabbed 10 times, you would not go out and search for a new hospital. You would use the problematic hospital still.
So if you're getting stabbed in the hospital by the nurses, you wouldn't check out?

I even looked up your video of the "Israeli children singing about genocide" and again, you cherrypick stuff out of context and miss the scale difference between "this is a fringe minority" (hence why the video was taken down) vs "this is the majority opinion per voting, polls, etc."
The Israeli children were (allegedly) refugees from settlements that had to be evacuated due to the terrorist attacks.
FWIW, this source was rated "left-center bias" and "High" for factual.

FYI, I'm putting you on ignore now. Your responses are ridiculously disingenuous. You say you are trying to be even-handed about your opinions, but as many others have tried to explain to you - raping and murdering innocent civilians in a terrorist attack is egregiously evil, even if it falls a few people short of your opinion of what "mass murder" is.

Before you got active on this thread it was full of useful information and opinions.
I don't think I'm the only one who would appreciate if you would read more, post less.

Reactions: bhzmark and Bouba
You should not punish the organization for the acts of 0.1% of their employees. You should punish the employees.
Especially if the organization is responsible for the basic needs of the people in a war.
By your analogy, no organization is safe from being defunded based on actions from individuals

I agree that no organization has impunity and is responsible for the actions of the individuals who belong to it.
To what degree you push that limit is apparently where we disagree.

You can make the same argument that investors shouldn't punish TSLA stock because they disagree with Elon.
Stick, meet dead horse.

UNRWA critics hold the position that beyond the 12 confirmed UNRWA employees directly involved in the massacre/kidnapping of civilians inside of Israel and/or directly procuring weapons for the massacre, that this is just the "tip of the iceberg". Here are some of their points for systemic rot:

Detailed reports from the watchdog group UN Watch have exposed over 150 instances since 2015 in which UNRWA staff have been implicated in supporting terrorism and antisemitism.
More than 80 UNRWA teachers and staff across more than 30 schools have been caught distributing hateful content in their textbooks.
According to UN Watch: “Teachers and schools at the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, which runs education and social services for Palestinians, regularly call to murder Jews, and create teaching materials that glorify terrorism, encourage martyrdom, demonize Israelis and incite antisemitism.”

What to Know about UNRWA, the Allegations That Some of Its Employees Participated in the 10/7 Attacks, and Its Controversial Role

The Case Against UNRWA - UN Watch

Before you got active on this thread it was full of useful information and opinions.
I don't think I'm the only one who would appreciate if you would read more, post less.
I see very little on this thread that isn't just a disingenuous repetition of Israeli propaganda. It's an embarrassment that people here can't admit there's a difference between what is true and what Israel claims.

So far as I can tell, the actual truth is that Israel's government consists mostly of lying, murdering war-mongers. And Hamas consists mostly of lying, murdering, war-mongers. Hamas exists today mostly because Netanyahu and his buddies have supported them over the years, as an excuse for why there must be a need for lying, murdering, war-mongers like them in government.

Since, at this point, the immediate violence will stop whenever Israel stops, that means it's currently entirely Israel's fault. And, since the US is unconditionally supporting Israel, it's also the US's fault. And that makes it my fault, as a US citizen and taxpayer. It makes me profoundly sad, disappointed, and embarrassed.

The far right (ultranationalists) in Israel get some credit and deserved criticism for having not done much more to remove Hamas until now.

But Hamas exists today in its current form mostly because it began long before as a genocidal monster and since has been deeply funded and otherwise enabled by Iranian and other benefactors.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokyPeat
Since, at this point, the immediate violence will stop whenever Israel stops, that means it's currently entirely Israel's fault.
Up is down, black is white.

The violence will stop when Hamas returns the hostages and stops firing rockets into Israel.

How many ceasefire offers has Hamas turned down this month alone? It just absolutely amazes me how so many folks who are so critical of Israel and claim to want a ceasefire, ascribe absolutely no culpability to Hamas, as if Hamas has no agency and are simple ball bearings or inanimate objects that are just instruments of Israel.

Meanwhile, here are some Gazans telling the IDF not to leave until they eliminate Hamas.

If Israel stopped operations in Gaza today, the rockets would continue to fly into Israel, hostages would continue to be raped and murdered, and Hamas would continue to plan the next 10/7 terrorism attacks. That's simply the sad reality of the situation.
No, that's just a bizarre belief based on a lifetime of being lied to and believing it.
But Hamas exists today in its current form mostly because it began long before as a genocidal monster and since has been deeply funded and otherwise enabled by Iranian and other benefactors.
"Other benefactors" include Netanyahu and his cronies. Well documented. (A brief history of the Netanyahu-Hamas alliance | Opinion)

• Funny
Reactions: Sti-g and bhzmark