TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Issue with gauge cluster screen

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Jonathan Scott, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Jonathan Scott

screen was black today, rebooted it and now have a white borderon it, anyone see this before?

Attached Files:

2. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

3. NovemberXray

NovemberXray Member

Yep, several times. It always settles down and goes back to normal after a bit, I don't think it ever lasted more than 15 minutes or so. I just started driving and it resolved itself. I'm pretty sure every time I have had to reboot the instrument cluster this has happened (maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 2 months). Seems that the brightness is set to 11 and doesn't want to turn down right away.

4. DJung

DJung Member

Yep, happened to me multiple times. Took it to Tesla Service but I believe they told me it was a firmware issue. They were unable to replicate or resolve the issue. I haven't experienced it anytime recently, if it does happen again I'll bring it up at my next Service visit.

5. Jonathan Scott

thanks for the replies! mine did go away as well. not going to bother involving service at this time unless it becomes a reoccurring thing