Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue with seat back memory profile since update 2023.26.7 on a 2016 Model S75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Anyone else having an issue with the memory profile not working correctly for the seat back position? This started with firmware 2023.26.7. I'm now on 2023.26.8 and the problem still exists.

I've rebooted the MCU2 a couple of times and it hasn't "corrected" the problem.

When I get in the car, the seat back does not move into the correct position for my saved profile. I have tried adjusting the seat back and re-saving the profile, however it still doesn't save.

Now I've noticed that the seat back adjustment isn't working correctly all the time - as in when I press the button to move it forward, it will move slightly and stop.

Is it possible I'm also having a hardware issue and not just software?

Under the Controls > Service menu, there’s an option to recalibrate the seat to fix problems like that, so give that a try. Note that if you’re sitting in the seat when you do this, it will recline during the adjustment, so be prepared.
Mine doesn't have that option, unless I'm staring at it and can't see it......
PXL_20230823_001346841.jpg

Maybe the option is only available on newer cars than yours. The manual says the option is there “if equipped.” If it’s available, it’s under Controls > Service > Driver Seat, Steering & Mirrors Calibration, which is missing from your photo.

Maybe the option is only available on newer cars than yours. The manual says the option is there “if equipped.” If it’s available, it’s under Controls > Service > Driver Seat, Steering & Mirrors Calibration, which is missing from your photo.
I would imagine with the car having been upgraded to MCU2, that it should have a lot of common features with a 2019 (other than Autopilot and FSD ). I know there are lot of other differences as well (motors and suspension etc)