Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with buying once leased teslas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everybody. First post from someone looking to become a model S owner. I’m considering buying one from a used car dealer, California Beemers/Teslers in Southern California. They sell almost exclusively teslas that have been returned from leases then auctioned off to them. Just wondering if anyone knows of any potential issues with buying one of these lease return vehicles then auctioned vehicles. Thanks!!

Hi everybody. First post from someone looking to become a model S owner. I’m considering buying one from a used car dealer, California Beemers/Teslers in Southern California. They sell almost exclusively teslas that have been returned from leases then auctioned off to them. Just wondering if anyone knows of any potential issues with buying one of these lease return vehicles then auctioned vehicles. Thanks!!
Why not buy used directly from Tesla?

I am not buying any more leased cars. It may sound crazy, but cars talk to me. And of the 2 leased cars I bought in the past, both of them kept screaming to me that they were heavily abused during the lease period by people that didn't give a hoot about them and then sent like cattle on the way to be slaughter to auction. I was happy to sell both of them.

My '22 MSLR, the only brand new car I purchased this century, sent me signals that the people that assembled it did not give a hoot.

My last MS was a leased demo from Tesla, and it was immaculate on delivery and fairly problem free. However I bought it in 2018, and a lot has changed since then.

• Funny
Reactions: AMPd and maximizese
My '22 MSLR, the only brand new car I purchased this century, sent me signals that the people that assembled it did not give a hoot.

My last MS was a leased demo from Tesla, and it was immaculate on delivery and fairly problem free. However I bought it in 2018, and a lot has changed since then.

My MS and M3 from Cali both gave me those signals. You can feel the workers disdain of any future owners in their work.

The MY from Austin did not give any of those signals.

I wouldn't want to pile on disdain for owners with disdain from the owners! 🤣

I leased lots of cars and never abused them. But I agreed that everyone treats cars differently and you never know the true status from the used car dealership. EVs with loads of electronic components could make things even unthinkable.

Recently you may see a thread talking about the used car, accessing supercharger is denied, Tesla labeled it as the salvage title, etc. The buyer did check VIN prior to the purchase but still got issues. Experiences like this will make ppl worried.