Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with scheduled charging and sentry mode.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all.

Bought my TM3 in the summer and I’m on 2020.48.35.5, but I’ve had the issues for a while now.

Sentry mode:

When I first got the car it was working perfectly. It also worked after the update which added the red dot came, however some time after this, it stopped working. Now I get the notifications, but it doesn’t save any clips. Dashcam is working and I can save clips while driving with no issues. I’m using a SanDisk high endurance microSD card with an adapter.

Scheduled charging:

Again, this feature worked fine when I got the car, but I’m unsure of when it stopped working. However, it have not worked for a couple of months. When I plug in the cable, the screen will say “charging scheduled for 1 am”, but then after a couple of seconds it will begin charging. A couple of days ago, I changed the charging limit from 90% to 80% and that actually made it work one time, but the it stopped again. I’ve also tried tinkering with the scheduled departure feature, but that also starts charging and I’ve tried using the off-peak setting to no avail.

I’ve been reading a few threads with suggestions, but nothing has worked reliably yet. I’ve formatted the drive both from my pc and in the car and it still won’t work. Further, I’ve tried resetting (power off on screen and holding brake + the two buttons).

Have any of you found any possible solutions or do you know of a work-around?

Good questions.

I think the software release notes said DashCam can save clips to internal memory. In that case being able to save dash clips doesn't test if SD card access is working.

That suggests another test: Stop SentryCam to safely remove the SD card, then try playing that video on a computer.

Also be sure to plug the card into the car without a USB hub, or use a powered hub. You probably knew that.

I've never used Tesla's scheduled charging since the Juicebox Pro handles scheduling, including delaying for Time Of Use rates, green grid energy sources, and lower cost (not peaker) energy sources. ❤️