TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Issues with streaming ABC News

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by pete8314, Jun 29, 2014.

1. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

I guess since the 5.9 upgrade, I've had issues streaming ABC News. For those that don't know, it streams various news stories (World, Headline, Tech, Sports etc) in bite-size chunks, and you can just skip through the stuff you don't want to listen too (such as the latest Dancing with the Stars news - the downside of a partisan broadcasting company!). It's a handy way to listen to news without all the annoying commercials.

Anyway, now it never seems to manage to play the first stream (normally headline news - just reports 'Unable to play"). If I skip it, it's 50/50 if it'll play the next segment, and then it seems to be OK after that.

Anybody else having this issue? I've tried a reboot of the center screen, but it didn't make any difference.

2. rekoh

rekoh Member

yes.. I too have had this problem, but then again, I have had many issues with slacker in general 'hanging up' .. ABC news is the worst station though.
    I go to FM for a few songs, and back to slacker and that 'sometimes' fixes it