Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with Windshield Wiper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone having issues with their Wiper Motors?
Several

Tesla Cybertruck Deliveries Reportedly Halted Due To Safety Issue
Tesla employees have told buyers that the current hold is due to a faulty windshield wiper motor.

One Florida owner on the Cybertruck Owners Club forums says that rain began to pour shortly after picking up his truck this past week. Despite being a new truck right off the lot, the wipers would not turn on, and he was completely blinded by the heavy downpour. He had to roll down his window and hang his head out in the pouring rain to navigate his truck to a safe place.

Last month, a new owner in Houston ran into the same issue and was unable to drive safely during the recent heavy spring storms. The local Tesla Service Center said another truck was already in the shop for the same reason, but they were not yet authorized to make repairs. Presumably, this is because a fix had not yet been developed. So, they chose to hang on to the truck until repair options became available.

The wipers, the pedals, the trim… what else is going to fall apart and put people on the road at risk?

Can’t wait for general production to start “next quarter.” 🙄

No matter how much money one has to burn, the current version of the CT doesn’t seem like it’s worth the fuel used to light the fire. I guess some people feel the ego rub from all the attention driving a CT brings is worth it. \_(-_-)_/

And to think Tesla could’ve used these past 4 years to build and deploy the “Model 2” instead 🤦🏼‍♂️

The wipers, the pedals, the trim… what else is going to fall apart and put people on the road at risk?

Can’t wait for general production to start “next quarter.” 🙄

No matter how much money one has to burn, the current version of the CT doesn’t seem like it’s worth the fuel used to light the fire. I guess some people feel the ego rub from all the attention driving a CT brings is worth it. \_(-_-)_/

And to think Tesla could’ve used these past 4 years to build and deploy the “Model 2” instead 🤦🏼‍♂️

Meh... all manufacturers have these (and worse) issues at some point.

I do 100% agree with your last point though. I recall reading that Elon wanted to do something different / unique with the Model Y but engineers disagreed and convinced him to use the Model 3 platform. That turned out to be a huge win.

He should've learned from that experience and churned out a pickup truck from the same platform... it would've been released 3.5 years ago and would be a top seller. The CT is polarizing - there's no chance it will become as popular as it needs to be.

Reactions: scottf200