Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Italy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mi inviate il link dell' "Italy Tesla Motors Club" ? grazie

Just to share the details of my ordered 70D.

Order placed: 04/29
Confirmed: 05/12
Current Status: Produzione completata - La tua Model S è uscita dalla fabbrica
Estimated Delivery: Late July (as per website)

- Nero Ossidiana Metallizzato
- Pano roof
- Standard Tan leather seats
- Piano black decor
- Black Alcantara Headliner
- Premium Lights & Interior
- Air suspensions
- 19" Wheels
- Autopilot
- Safety pack

Any recommendations for hotels with Tesla charging possibilities located at Garda, preferably near Sirmione ?

We will be going to an appartment in Sirmione and I've asked for charging at the hotel and that is an interesting story.
After I check for this possiblity, the owner contacted Tesla Italy to ask what they need to do to provide this servic and Tesla Italy came back with a proposal to install the Blue 32A CEE plug. and the owner told me he is actually going to do that, they want to be able to provide that service.
Isn't that great service? The appartment is Villa Onofria

Can anyone from Italy tell me if that is a good recommendation from Tesla Italy? I mean the blue plug is obviously a good one for Tesla, but it may not be a very universal plug for other EV's. Of course a Type 2 would be better, but is probably more expensive to do and not everyone will have the blue plug.
So I would at least recommend them to make sure a standard Euro Plug is also part of the setup, or the Italian plug. I'm assuming they don't have the option to go for the 3 Phase Red CEE plug.

Besides the charging in Sirmione, there is one SuperCharger in Verona at around 30km and the Affi charger (not yet finished) will be 24km.
So if all fails, I'll be making 1 or 2 return trips to the SuperCharger.

On Chargemap.com there is this one:
Camping san francesco: charge point in Sirmione sporting also the blue plugs if you check the photo and listing 6kW, which could indicate 32A as well.
It is always hard to see if the blue plug is the 16A version (smaller) or the 32A version.

Isn't that great service? The appartment is Villa Onofria

Can anyone from Italy tell me if that is a good recommendation from Tesla Italy?

Definitely good service. Last year we stayed with a B&B near Arona ([url]www.incocco.com[/URL]) who did not only offer the use of their red CEE in one of the stables but even went greater length, organising an Eneldrive card just for us, that we could borrow!

Also stayed for week at a holiday park in Le Marche where I booked on the 'condition' that they could organize a red CEE. They could. Terrific. Did not want me at that time to 'promote' that as they were not anxious to install more outlets.

Anyway, I now have great arrangements in the first week of our three weeks holiday in Italy this year; first week near Affi (Verona nearby as well), third week at the holiday park that I just mentioned (plug waiting there for us) and second week just decided (near Citta di Castello, has a 22kW Type outlet) but there we're working on getting the owner of the agriturismo to make a plug available at the parking lot.

I guess that a red CEE wil often be possible at places where they have larger facilities such as washing machines or pools. Tesla Italy could have checked if that was an option (maybe did).

Flow charging (www.flowcharging.com) is working on a network of luxury holiday homes in Austria installing Type 2 chargers, and that would be smart to have for any medium sized holiday facility (agriturismo's and the like) in Italy and elsewhere.

Booking sites and travel agencies should really commence now to indicate if charging options are available. Come on guys!

Finally: a question: would be great to be able to borrow an Eneldrive / Hera card from 25/07 - 02/08. Anyone??

Thank you Edi!

A friend of mine (living in Milan) called Enel, but it seems he cannot get me a card as Enel is not his electricity provider.

How does HERA work? Can you charge at EnelDrive stations with the HERA subscription? Is there any way to pay for just a month, or you need to sign up (and pay) for a full year?

In the meantime, I will try to borrow a chademo adapter. (Called the Vienna service center at it takes months to order one.) It also seems to be a good idea to get the blue plug for the UMC (I have a red one).

We've been in Italy last summer and will go again next month. I charged at IKEA Milano and tried to charge at IKEA Ancona. At Milano I could just plug in (Type 2) and charge (even outside store opening hours). Ancona did not work. One can not trust the information in the IKEA website. Overall it's free at IKEA - sometimes you need to obtain a card at the customer service desk).

However, there are alternative opportunities..

chademo.com (but of course you need a adapter)
Hera card (you still might to obtain a charge card, might be too late) - very good alternative - depending on where you go
see also chargemap.com - you probably now that..

Ciao a tutti:,

What is the best connector / adapter between UMC (with European plug) and an Italian Household? Tesla does not supply a specific Italian plug to its UMC?

Found this one https://www.conrad.nl/nl/goobay-ada...rt-95305-551681.html?sc.queryFromSuggest=true but it can deal with 10A max only.

Thanks!!

It is the right one, consider that usually the home plugs have 10A , no more.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally: a question: would be great to be able to borrow an Eneldrive / Hera card from 25/07 - 02/08. Anyone??[/QUOTE said:
Hi Keezje, I can share my eneldrive on that period!

Molto gentile, veramente, Michele,
i got it offered from a Dutch member also and will use that. Surely you could make someone else Very Happy as others are desperately looking for one.

feel free to ask for my card in NL whenever you need one!

Hi Keezje, I can share my eneldrive on that period!

Hi micgal,

I would be grateful if I could borrow your card. I have not given up on getting my own, but in case I cannot, it would be very helpful to have a plan B around Genoa and Pisa.

We will arrive from Hungary on the 24th (Friday), and will leave on the 2nd of August (following Sunday). I'm happy to come to Bologna or meet at the Modena SuC or pay for mailing the card (in advance or together with the electricity consumed).

Thank you!

Any news on Affi or Brenner Pass locations?

replying to my own message, but here is a status update as of today, visited by me:

Brenner pass
brennero.jpg

Traffic sign installation was in progress and they blocked the entrance for a while, but superchargers were up and running. There are no amenities available, as the museum nearby is closed. The distance to nearest services is about 1,5km.

Affi
affi.jpg

Still in progress. Looks exactly the same as in some other photos from months ago?

Photos by Tesla Club Finland (yes, a long roadtrip..)

Can anyone borrow me his Hera card for the period of July 16-30? We are travelling to Italy, Garda Lake, but don't have a loading pass for Italy. I live in The Netherlands.

I decided to use supercharger in Verona. It is only 35 km away (autobahn) from Sirmione region in Garda. I am currently staying here in Sirmione (after 2600 km drive from Finland)

Can anyone borrow me his Hera card for the period of July 16-30? We are travelling to Italy, Garda Lake, but don't have a loading pass for Italy. I live in The Netherlands.

Have the same issue and started digging. It seems you can go to a local Enel shop, apply for card, show ID etc., then you get a card and Enel will activate withn 24 hours. I will try when I get at my holiday address near Livorno... Until then : IKEA....

Hi,

Also planning a trip down to Italy (Tuscany) in Sept. I contacted Tesla in Milano asking how to get a card for public charging and they were very kind to sent me the next day the following recommendation:

. The customer contacts [email protected]
. He receives a contract via email
. He fills-in the contract, sign it and send it to [email protected]
. He receives the card at home within 4 days
. He charges the card of 40 euro for 100 kWh: now the card is ready
. The customer is informed when he is going to reach the threshold
. He can charge more kWh on the card directly on [email protected] paying with PayPal or VISA
. The card is valid for 12 months, after 12 months he gives back the card or recharge 40 euros for 100 kWh and continues to use the service for other 12 months.

I sent an email to
[email protected] and received the contract within the same day and they say they'll be able to send the card in 48h to the address of my choice.

BTW: I'm quite amazed & happy how fast Tesla reply to emails, last one was for suggesting new features and got and acknowledgement back the next day.

Hi,

Also planning a trip down to Italy (Tuscany) in Sept. I contacted Tesla in Milano asking how to get a card for public charging and they were very kind to sent me the next day the following recommendation:

. The customer contacts [email protected]
. He receives a contract via email
. He fills-in the contract, sign it and send it to [email protected]
. He receives the card at home within 4 days
. He charges the card of 40 euro for 100 kWh: now the card is ready
. The customer is informed when he is going to reach the threshold
. He can charge more kWh on the card directly on [email protected] paying with PayPal or VISA
. The card is valid for 12 months, after 12 months he gives back the card or recharge 40 euros for 100 kWh and continues to use the service for other 12 months.

I sent an email to
[email protected] and received the contract within the same day and they say they'll be able to send the card in 48h to the address of my choice.

BTW: I'm quite amazed & happy how fast Tesla reply to emails, last one was for suggesting new features and got and acknowledgement back the next day.
Sounds good! looking on his web site it seems that with this card is possible to use all the Hera/Enel charging stations.