Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Items added to MX service request by SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just booked my 2 year old MX Raven LR into the local service centre for a simple pre-winter check over (thinking mainly of brake inspection as they are rarely used in anger and we had a lot of salt on the roads up here over the past 2 winters). The repair estimate texted back to me includes the following additional items (free of charge): reseal area around both front upper control arm ball joints with polyurethane, reroute main front body harness and repair wires. This puzzles me somewhat as they have not seen the vehicle yet and I have never had any issues with it! Does anybody know if these are known problem areas on an MX?

That certainly would have been standard additions on a Model 3 due to soft recall, but not heard of the same issues with the Model X.
I heard similar with the Model X regarding the ball joints.
I have just booked my 2 year old MX Raven LR into the local service centre for a simple pre-winter check over (thinking mainly of brake inspection as they are rarely used in anger and we had a lot of salt on the roads up here over the past 2 winters). The repair estimate texted back to me includes the following additional items (free of charge): reseal area around both front upper control arm ball joints with polyurethane, reroute main front body harness and repair wires. This puzzles me somewhat as they have not seen the vehicle yet and I have never had any issues with it! Does anybody know if these are known problem areas on an MX?
These will just be service bulletins not something to be concerned about