Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@jebinc’s Plaid Signature Wheel transformation thread!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We’ll just keep adding this thread with posts like how we don’t want to spoil this tread.

Ok, I’ll stop now. See you all on the other side. 🙋🏼‍♂️

Don’t let the door…
1645069131704.png

Reactions: uthatcher
Ceramic coat #3 applied. #4 will go on after tires are mated with wheels! Next up - re boxing wheels and loading/securing them (and the tires) on the utility trailer that I will pull with my MYP! Next stop, Discount tire at 8am tomorrow morning! 😀
Do Discount Tire offer touchless mounting? I hate the thought of a tire shop damaging my expensive rims, which is why I use my PPF guys, who have special machine that folks like Ferrari require in order to change the tires without damaging the rims.

Do Discount Tire offer touchless mounting? I hate the thought of a tire shop damaging my expensive rims, which is why I use my PPF guys, who have special machine that folks like Ferrari require in order to change the tires without damaging the rims.
Well, I think so and I told them what the value of my rims were! Will ask again when I get there. I do know they do road force balancing, which I want.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Could you let us know how the ride comfort compares especially over small bumps in the road? I heard that with lighter wheels comfort over small bumps might suffer. This is the only worry I have with going to lighter wheels. Coming from a Raven Model S, ride comfort is the only negative with the Plaid. Thank you in advance

Reactions: jebinc
Could you let us know how the ride comfort compares especially over small bumps in the road? I heard that with lighter wheels comfort over small bumps might suffer. This is the only worry I have with going to lighter wheels. Coming from a Raven Model S, ride comfort is the only negative with the Plaid. Thank you in advance
Will do! One reason I went with 19s is comfort.

Last edited:
Day 3; Big day…

Up early, picked up two dozen donuts and headed to Discount Tire at 7am. Road force balance was the best outcome they’ve seen on a set of wheels and tires, they said! The most sr. tech worked on my mount and balance. Total time was 30 minutes. They really dialed it in precisely, knowing it was going on my vibrating Plaid! 🤣

This afternoon will bring rear flap, N2itive RXS-2 Plaid lowering links and wheel installation. Photos to follow of the completed mod.

@SignatureSales @SignatureWheel @WilliamG
@N2itive
@EndlessPlaid @GroovaEV @uthatcher
5AA68A50-764C-4F46-B9E3-AE97386B6AB5.jpeg
FCFE55E9-F167-478A-B3F1-5106BBB84554.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 3; Big day…

Up early, picked up two dozen donuts and headed to Discount Tire at 7am. Road force balance was the best outcome they’ve seen on a set of wheels and tires, they said! The most sr. tech worked on my mount and balance. Total time was 30 minutes. They really dialed it in precisely, knowing it was going on my vibrating Plaid! 🤣

This afternoon will bring rear flap, N2itive RXS-2 Plaid lowering links and wheel installation. Photos to follow of the completed mod.

@EndlessPlaid @GroovaEV @uthatcher View attachment 770894View attachment 770895
Rear flap? What's that?

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Day 3; Big day…

@N2itive
@EndlessPlaid @GroovaEV @uthatcher View attachment 770894View attachment 770895

Forgot the Acer Racing titanium lugs! They go on today as well!

Reactions: Luisito
Looking forward to your pics and experience. I too have a Plaid currently swapped out the arachnids 21” for SV104’s 19” with Michelin Pilot All Season 4 matching Tesla 19” setup. This is my winter and road trip setup. Signature Wheels are high quality. Love them.

Which tires you mounting?

Looking forward to your pics and experience. I too have a Plaid currently swapped out the arachnids 21” for SV104’s 19” with Michelin Pilot All Season 4 matching Tesla 19” setup. This is my winter and road trip setup. Signature Wheels are high quality. Love them.

Which tires you mounting?

I have Continental ProContact All Seasons on the OEM wheels for fall-Spring. These will get summer Pirelli PZero TO Elects.

Reactions: Luisito