Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This email from October 14th...

"Firstly, we want to take a moment to say a huge thanks to all of you for your patience in waiting for this USB Hub. You won't be disappointed you did! While the time to receive it was lengthy, you can rest assured the product was worked on and perfected for you, and was done so with safety and efficiency being the utmost concern.

Without further ado, shipments have begun! Production has finished. Over the past week we have been individually testing each USB Hub, and packaging them with the accessories that accompany them. We are going to be working on shrink-wrapping them up and sending them in weekly batches."

So they 100% lied. Claimed they had them in and were "individually testing" each one.

Now...."We're dealing with a lot of issues and we still haven't received them....wah. Here's a free foam pad.

What a joke this company is.

lol @"efficiency being the utmost concern." Yeah, it's extremely efficient to keep sending emails to pre-paid customers with false delivery expectations and lies. That's true efficiency! I guess most of us have a different definition for this word?

Very helpful, thank you. How would you characterize the quality? Good enough, high quality hardware or somewhere in between? Also, I'm assessing my need for it and starting to think I may pass. The only thing I will have plugged in the center console area is a USB drive for TeslaCam/Sentry.

I would say it's pretty good. I'm not sure what jedas could add to make it twice the cost. It keeps the storage area organized. The wireless pad and sentry drive take up both ports and I like having a wired phone charger in there as well. There is probably a low profile hub that could do something similar.

So Jeda sends out (yet) another email giving us an update. Yes, we've heard it before. This one sounds even more concrete than others, with no room for ambiguity. While I agree their communications (or lack thereof) leave lots to be desired, the details they finally provided seem very plausible. Like others (I ordered in May), patience was wearing thin.

My prior experiences with Jeda have been first rate. Their products are first rate. Personally, I am going to give them some slack and look forward to finally receiving the hub.

I'm in no hurry. Bought a cheap USB hub a while back to connect my PS4 controller and flash drive.

All I care about is the product. If it's good, I'm happy. This thread is entertaining though.

Been on the other side of this kind of ire before. Patience is kindness. Yes, this sucks, but I'm choosing to believe they're human and trying.
Definitely entertaining I really enjoy watching this thread unfold

I'm waiting it out. If it comes, I think it'll be *the best* option available.

And I still believe it will. Eventually. I don't really believe their estimates and updates. But I do believe they have a product, it's well designed and well made, and I'm going to eventually receive one.

The world is on fire right now. Total chaos. I am fortunate to be in a position to live a life that allows me to drive around in this model y. It will be better and cooler when I get this hub, but I can still charge my phone if I need to without it...

And I don't *need" it. Because I don't go anywhere. Other than to and from work. Because? Because of most of the same reasons why Jeda can't get me my hub on time...... 2020...

It is what it is. I'm in no hurry (yet). I'll wait for what I think is going to be the best long-term solution...

Given their behavior of late with respect to being honest with customers, that's a big leap of faith to assume their engineering and QC is any better.

Hardly. Do you own any Jeda products? I have a couple. Rock solid, unlike other, similar products. I have faith the quality will continue. Besides the usual whining from Tesla owners, assuming otherwise is the big leap.

Reactions: psuKinger
Without the hub, what do you recommend is the best way to get power to the Jeda wireless charger? The cables they provide both come with USB-A male connectors. I noticed the Tesla OEM wireless charger plugged into the USB-C port on the Model Y. How do I get max power to both sides of the Jeda wireless charging pad? Should I get a USB-C to micro USB splitter? Any recommendations?

Hardly. Do you own any Jeda products? I have a couple. Rock solid, unlike other, similar products. I have faith the quality will continue. Besides the usual whining from Tesla owners, assuming otherwise is the big leap.
No I don't. Are you fine with a company charging your card in June and being strung along for months?

Sorry, I'm pro-consumer. I guess you didn't read my email to them above to understand why I agree with those who ordered and are still waiting.

And it's not whining to expect what a company promises.

By the way, Jeda earlier this month emailed me that all products ship in a couple of days except the MY hub-- that ships within two weeks. Given the complaints from people who ordered months ago and still have not received them, do you believe you can order the hub today and have it by Dec 3?

No I don't. Are you fine with a company charging your card in June and being strung along for months?

Sorry, I'm pro-consumer. I guess you didn't read my email to them above to understand why I agree with those who ordered and are still waiting.

And it's not whining to expect what a company promises.

By the way, Jeda earlier this month emailed me that all products ship in a couple of days except the MY hub-- that ships within two weeks. Given the complaints from people who ordered months ago and still have not received them, do you believe you can order the hub today and have it by Dec 3?

No pivoting please.

You doubted the notion that the Model Y hub will be solid based on several complaints in this thread relating to customer service. I prefer real proof like actual history over personal assumptions.

I'm not defending their bad communications and broken promises. Maybe I'm an optimist, but I bet the Y hub will be worth the wait.

No pivoting please.

You doubted the notion that the Model Y hub will be solid based on several complaints in this thread relating to customer service. I prefer real proof like actual history over personal assumptions.

I'm not defending their bad communications and broken promises. Maybe I'm an optimist, but I bet the Y hub will be worth the wait.

You could be right about it being a good product. But the gist of my concerns are about their business practices, not the yet to be shipped hub. It is possible the product is better than the service, and I truly hope that's the case.

Reactions: ArtK and dandrewk