Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even an update saying that we have nothing to update you on and we're still working on it is preferable. I just wish they could at least send me my wireless pad now and ship the hub later when it's done. I've tried reaching out but nothing...

Even an update saying that we have nothing to update you on and we're still working on it is preferable. I just wish they could at least send me my wireless pad now and ship the hub later when it's done. I've tried reaching out but nothing...

When did you order the pad? I finally received mine the other week and had it pre-ordered when it went live some moths back. I was tracking the shipping info once they sent it to me and for some reason my packaged waiting at FedEx for a week at a location about 20 minutes from me before finally being transferred to a local post office.

I just got an email from Jeda regarding the MY hub. I'm sure many of you received the same update, but thought I'd share it here for those interested.

From Jeda:
Hello all! We know you have been extremely patient in waiting for our next update, and we are working on providing that to you in the coming week. Here's some updates so far on what we have worked on and finished up with the Model Y/Model 3 2020 Hubs. As some of you may know, what makes our hubs different is that we personally engineer, develop, and in-house test the electronics used within our hubs. Since they aren't basic "splitters," but rather full fledged hubs which split the power, this involves designing and tweaking prototypes, and testing continuously.

What has been accomplished:

✓ The physical hubs have finalized production (plastic housing)
✓ We have used the schematics and blueprints we acquired from Munro and Associates, to revise our electronics.
✓ We have made a few different iterations of electronic boards, and the most recent iteration is working perfectly and nearly finished.
✓ We have completed 9 of the the 12 tests for the PCB board, and only have a few more to go.

What has to be finalized:

- 3 final tests remain for the electronics which we are conducting, and which should commence on Monday.
- Final production of the electronic boards
- Final assembly of the electronic boards + hub housing
- Final packaging, labelling, and shipping of orders.

So this is currently where we stand. Over the past few months we've gone through a few different boards, and all worked, but we found minor flaws in them that didn't meet our standards. Our most recent PCB board is finalizing our last round of tests in regards to storage and charging. These tests don't just occur on a "single" board, but rather on a mass amount of boards. When we test, we test a large quantity of boards to ensure no issue pops up in them. Once these tests commence, our final production of the PCB boards will begin, followed by assembly, and then followed by us packaging and shipping them out to you. The final tests will be done on all the boards by Monday.

You have been waiting a long time for this product. We know that. We understand that. We will only reiterate what we've said in the past, which is that we refuse to ship products which aren't perfect or meet the standards we hold ourselves to.

With the above said, we'd also like to stress the importance of what is happening in the world today. We've never been the fastest at shipping products, in fact we've always had issues with that, mostly due to size constraints. COVID-19 has compounded that over the past few months, and made all the things we normally do, slower and a bit more difficult. Shipments are slower. Warehouses run at a lower capacity. Testing must be done at a distance and in crowds of 5 or less. Customs is facing delays. To be clear, we're not using COVID-19 as an outright excuse, as this lies on us, but it's something which plays a factor in timing, unfortunately.

Our next update is again, coming soon. Final tests will be conducted by next Monday and an email update will follow immediately after.

Of course, if you don't want to wait for your order - we do offer free cancellations anytime before we ship. With that said, there's nothing on the market which is providing this option for new Model 3's or Model Y's, that is a real hub. We're pretty confident that all the electronics and PCB designs we've been working on are the most advanced at safely and effectively handling the needs of storage, charging, and multiple devices in your vehicle.

This has been a very long email. If you made it to the end, thank you.

Thanks for supporting our company and our team during this crazy time, and for your understanding with everything.

- The Jeda Team

I got the e-mail too. Good news. To be honest, I would rather they take their time and insure it works as opposed to shipping something out that would wind up breaking and having to be replaced. It would have been good to have had an earlier update but in today's environment I'm sure they are struggling like a lot of small companies are these days.

Just received this even though I've unsubscribed and requested a refund 3 times now...

"Hello all! We know you have been extremely patient in waiting for our next update, and we are working on providing that to you in the coming week. Here's some updates so far on what we have worked on and finished up with the Model Y/Model 3 2020 Hubs. As some of you may know, what makes our hubs different is that we personally engineer, develop, and in-house test the electronics used within our hubs. Since they aren't basic "splitters," but rather full fledged hubs which split the power, this involves designing and tweaking prototypes, and testing continuously.

What has been accomplished:

✓ The physical hubs have finalized production (plastic housing)
✓ We have used the schematics and blueprints we acquired from Munro and Associates, to revise our electronics.
✓ We have made a few different iterations of electronic boards, and the most recent iteration is working perfectly and nearly finished.
✓ We have completed 9 of the the 12 tests for the PCB board, and only have a few more to go.

What has to be finalized:

- 3 final tests remain for the electronics which we are conducting, and which should commence on Monday.
- Final production of the electronic boards
- Final assembly of the electronic boards + hub housing
- Final packaging, labelling, and shipping of orders.

So this is currently where we stand. Over the past few months we've gone through a few different boards, and all worked, but we found minor flaws in them that didn't meet our standards. Our most recent PCB board is finalizing our last round of tests in regards to storage and charging. These tests don't just occur on a "single" board, but rather on a mass amount of boards. When we test, we test a large quantity of boards to ensure no issue pops up in them. Once these tests commence, our final production of the PCB boards will begin, followed by assembly, and then followed by us packaging and shipping them out to you. The final tests will be done on all the boards by Monday.

You have been waiting a long time for this product. We know that. We understand that. We will only reiterate what we've said in the past, which is that we refuse to ship products which aren't perfect or meet the standards we hold ourselves to.

With the above said, we'd also like to stress the importance of what is happening in the world today. We've never been the fastest at shipping products, in fact we've always had issues with that, mostly due to size constraints. COVID-19 has compounded that over the past few months, and made all the things we normally do, slower and a bit more difficult. Shipments are slower. Warehouses run at a lower capacity. Testing must be done at a distance and in crowds of 5 or less. Customs is facing delays. To be clear, we're not using COVID-19 as an outright excuse, as this lies on us, but it's something which plays a factor in timing, unfortunately.

Our next update is again, coming soon. Final tests will be conducted by next Monday and an email update will follow immediately after.

Of course, if you don't want to wait for your order - we do offer free cancellations anytime before we ship. With that said, there's nothing on the market which is providing this option for new Model 3's or Model Y's, that is a real hub. We're pretty confident that all the electronics and PCB designs we've been working on are the most advanced at safely and effectively handling the needs of storage, charging, and multiple devices in your vehicle.

This has been a very long email. If you made it to the end, thank you. "

Thanks for supporting our company and our team during this crazy time, and for your understanding with everything.

- The Jeda Team

I didn't get that email, but they finally responded to my earlier email inquiry and sent the link to that info. I don't care about the wait for the hub - I also want them to get it right, but I do want them to send me the V3 wireless pad I ordered with the hub now, rather than wait for both to be shipped together.

ordered a hub last week - didn't get the message listed - but received this message!
An Open Letter
to our Community

Tesla fam and friends,

If you can give us a minute, we'd appreciate it.

You've probably seen alot of emails coming from us to you, with coupon codes recently. There's a reason for that. This year has been pretty hard for our team and company. We've been decimated by a few companies who have chosen to copy the only products in our line, which support our team, and help us fund upcoming products we've been working on. Over the past year, we've seen our products plagiarized to an uncanny degree, our text copied word-for-word, and our copyrighted images used to sell aforementioned products.

Many of these companies sell hundreds of products and operate outside of the U.S. By comparison, we sell three products.

On top of the above, COVID-19 has affected many small businesses like Jeda. Some things we've actively done to combat this are to upgrade our products and work on improving what we do offer to our customers. Our shipping times have been slow (notoriously slow),) and our team is small, but we are damn passionate about Tesla, and we love this community. We're committed to constantly providing and producing things which are custom, unique, essential, and of utmost quality. We're hopeful we'll be able to show you what we are working on next soon!

If you see our name pop up in your timeline, your feed, in a group, forum, or anywhere else please help share , retweet, or refer our products. By doing so you boost visibility to what we DESIGN, what we ENGINEER and what we MAKE, and help us continue to do what we love most: make cool things, for cool people, with cool cars.

Below you'll also find some wonderful small local businesses that make Tesla goods. These aren't sponsored, just some we have come to know. You'll also find a few recent reviews on our products and other random stuff we decided to throw into this pretty frank email.

Have questions for us, product recommendations or ideas, suggestions to improve, or just want to share a thought or a friendly hello? Email us back. We may not reply right away, but our team would love to hear your thoughts and we take all feedback seriously.

A warm thanks,
The Jeda Team

(coupon code: jedafriend)

I asked them to ship my pad out now and they are shipping it Monday waiting on tracking info now.

I like the custom-built circuit in the Jeda. It'll do a lot more to protect the components than just the basic splitters inside the Taptes.

And the quality control issues they're working through (before release, what a concept!) proves to me Jeda is committed to making a great product.

For me, the difference in price is worth the extra features and peace of mind.

I cannot comprehend Jeda gives you piece of mind after reading this thread.

Perhaps you'd comprehend my feeling if you read the rationale I gave instead of applying your own valuations on the product? *shrug*

I know how hard and long it is for a large operation, and ESPECIALLY a tiny operation to develop a quality manufacturing product.

I know how challenging this disaster is for EVERYBODY, let alone somebody drying to develop a new manufacturing product.

I know how frustrating it can be to receive poor communication from the maker of a new manufacturing product.

I know that once it's in my car, my peace of mind is 100% about product design and build-quality and 0% about pre-sale communication issues that were (belatedly) rectified with good updates.

I just got an email from Jeda regarding the MY hub. I'm sure many of you received the same update, but thought I'd share it here for those interested ...

Thanks for sharing the update letter. If you receive another update after their final testing, please share. I haven't ordered yet as all of the negative reports have made me a bit cautious; so I'm checking in here from time to time for updates.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Funny story I was checking on Jeda and RPM sites I have orders with both. Saw the chat now and started giving them a friendly piece of my mind only to realize I was talking to RPM not Jeda. This is after I sent them my email confirmation. She kindly informed me she wasn’t Jeda but they had same items for half the price. Oops.

• Funny
Reactions: ragedogg69