Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda/Nomad Wireless Charging alternatives on Amazon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at possible alternatives to Jeda and Nomad on AMazon and found 3.

EEIEER Tesla Model 3 Wireless Phone Charger with Dual USB Ports, Center Console Wireless Charger Pad for Dual Phones, Special Designed for 2017 2018 2019 Tesla Model 3
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...0-6452844?ie=UTF8&refRID=1QAY2VZDXKPTHH9M66QE

Upgraded Wireless Charger for Tesla Model 3 Car Accessories Special on Board Phone Wireless Charging Pad Panel
by R RUIYA

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Wir...QAKASJ0FV0A&psc=1&refRID=YQVDQEHR6QAKASJ0FV0A

ROCCS Tesla Model 3 Center Console Wireless Charger Pad with Dual USB Ports, Dual Phones Charging
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MLFX5RN/ref=psdc_7072562011_t1_B07MY4YH4P

ANyone tried these yet?

• Disagree
Reactions: mark273
yeah but the amazon sellers are using photos from nomad and jeda to sell a bootleg product. that's HIGHLY concerning.

i have the jeda and it works great, so I agree with the above comment.

with that said, absolutely avoid the above. its one thing to steal a product, but then to steal the exact photos is RIDICULOUS

yeah but the amazon sellers are using photos from nomad and jeda to sell a bootleg product. that's HIGHLY concerning.

i have the jeda and it works great, so I agree with the above comment.

with that said, absolutely avoid the above. its one thing to steal a product, but then to steal the exact photos is RIDICULOUS

I do not think they are stealing the photos. My guess where ever TapTes sourcing these, these guys might also sourcing there it self. TapTes is still cheaper.

But my main problem is, all these folks claiming they have spend time designing the product, none really did any significant design work.
If they did put any thoughts in that, they could have designed basic latches where it latches into existing circular slots Tesla mat is using, they could have thought about phone access for pick up (Center divider block easy access). Same thing with allowing non wireless charge capable phone to charge etc.

Only new Jeda wireless charger considered those aspects, none of the other designs put any thought in many aspects. We are giving too much credit for others, or earlier designs.

jeda.JPG
nomad.JPG
nomad.JPG
I do not think they are stealing the photos. My guess where ever TapTes sourcing these, these guys might also sourcing there it self. TapTes is still cheaper.

But my main problem is, all these folks claiming they have spend time designing the product, none really did any significant design work.
If they did put any thoughts in that, they could have designed basic latches where it latches into existing circular slots Tesla mat is using, they could have thought about phone access for pick up (Center divider block easy access). Same thing with allowing non wireless charge capable phone to charge etc.

Only new Jeda wireless charger considered those aspects, none of the other designs put any thought in many aspects. We are giving too much credit for others, or earlier designs.

the jeda has the integrated nobs on the back. it's well thought out and i think its original as it has more aspects.

they completely stole the photos!

on this link: https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Wir...c=1&refRID=YQVDQEHR6QAKASJ0FV0A&tag=tmc064-20

and even one from jeda: https://www.amazon.com/ROCCS-Console-Wireless-Charger-Charging/dp/B07MLFX5RN/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2HICJCT1XK2K0&keywords=model+3+wireless+charger&qid=1551227949&s=wireless&sprefix=model+3+wi,mobile,209&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1

don't give your money to these effin crooks. no originality no nothing.

do nomad and jeda justice and dont purchase cheap knockoffs. at least taptes uses their own photos for christ sakes

I see photos, some did mix photos from both Noman and TapTes.

as far as Jeda, I see they fixed many design flaws from first version, Nomad still same thing, they did not fix many issues.

Though I did not buy new Jeda (as I already have TapTes), I would vote for that because they put efforts and considered several aspects in the design.

• Love
Reactions: mark273
I would never purchase another Jeda product. I preordered their Jeda Fast Charging Wireless pad with battery (which is what enables it to fast charger because the USB ports didn't put out enough power (at the time anyway). I was told the battery would slow charge whenever the car is on and fast charge (wirelessly) my phone from the battery. They sent me the Jeda pad but no battery and no explanation. I emailed them and they said the batteries were delayed in customs but would arrive soon. After months of waiting, they offered to refund the battery charge (around $20) but wouldn't accept the Jeda pad as a return because it had been so long. I never opened or used the Jeda pad because slow charging a phone while using Waze/whatever still drains the battery (and doesn't charge the phone).

Their CS tells me there is nothing they can do but they won't exchange it for their Gen 2 pad and they won't refund my money...even though they sent me a product that doesn't do what they said when I ordered it.

AVOID JEDA!

Well I have an original Jeda and it has been replaced once for severe warpage, it warped so bad the phone wouldn't sit flat enough to charge, now it has warped again, I am waiting on them to tell me how much they will have to charge me to UPGRADE! to their new style, I do not recommend this company at all, they are not following through with their promise to resolve my problem and their first edition product is flawed in my opinion based on what has happened to BOTH of mine, I now have a Taptes and it works fine for half the price, I use a thin 2 sided tape to secure it and it is great, so far.

Almost forgot about the melted part on the back from an overheating charging coil or....?
AB5B30CD-E6BE-4503-9056-112106946E36.jpeg
301607D4-2B08-4785-9BE9-ED31A34CC902.jpeg

YES AVOID JEDA AT ALL COSTS!

Last edited:
I would never purchase another Jeda product. I preordered their Jeda Fast Charging Wireless pad with battery (which is what enables it to fast charger because the USB ports didn't put out enough power (at the time anyway). I was told the battery would slow charge whenever the car is on and fast charge (wirelessly) my phone from the battery. They sent me the Jeda pad but no battery and no explanation. I emailed them and they said the batteries were delayed in customs but would arrive soon. After months of waiting, they offered to refund the battery charge (around $20) but wouldn't accept the Jeda pad as a return because it had been so long. I never opened or used the Jeda pad because slow charging a phone while using Waze/whatever still drains the battery (and doesn't charge the phone).

Their CS tells me there is nothing they can do but they won't exchange it for their Gen 2 pad and they won't refund my money...even though they sent me a product that doesn't do what they said when I ordered it.

AVOID JEDA!

wait. so you ordered an old pad but want to be freely upgraded to a 2nd gen one? that doesn't make much sense. when did you order it?

Well I have an original Jeda and it has been replaced once for severe warpage, it warped so bad the phone wouldn't sit flat enough to charge, now it has warped again, I am waiting on them to tell me how much they will have to charge me to UPGRADE! to their new style, I do not recommend this company at all, they are not following through with their promise to resolve my problem and their first edition product is flawed in my opinion based on what has happened to BOTH of mine, I now have a Taptes and it works fine for half the price, I use a thin 2 sided tape to secure it and it is great, so far.

Almost forgot about the melted part on the back from an overheating charging coil or....?View attachment 381194View attachment 381195

yeah i did not buy a gen 1 because of issues. did you contact them about this?

i have a gen 2 and i love it.. but it's totally different in design and aesthetics and structure.

Attachments

• 90528F4D-D4C8-4A49-B6EE-B1B0BC7CFAE3.JPG
    90528F4D-D4C8-4A49-B6EE-B1B0BC7CFAE3.JPG
    242.1 KB · Views: 88
wait. so you ordered an old pad but want to be freely upgraded to a 2nd gen one? that doesn't make much sense. when did you order it?
NO, i expected the old pad NOT to fail twice in less than 6 months and I expected to be fully refunded for a defective product OR give me a product that will not fail, it seems I will have to pay extra for a product that will not fail or I can get the old defective designed product for free as no refunds will be issued, now does that sound like a good business practice?

I just noticed that this quote was not from my post but same problem for me so i'll leave it up.

Almost forgot about the melted part on the back from an overheating charging coil or....?View attachment 381194View attachment 381195

My Jeda pad (1st gen) warped too. Don't think it can handle car temperatures in the summer. It still functioned but rattled, so I recently threw it away and put in a Nomad. The Nomad seems very solid, so hopefully it will last longer.

I didnt bother trying to get a replacement from Jeda. Figured I didn't really want a replacement that would probably have the same issues.

Reactions: preilly44
Sorry, I probably didn't explain myself well enough. I PREordered the original one (last March/April) which was supposed to have fast charge functionality through a battery pack. They sent the wireless charger without the battery pack (so they sent a slow wireless charger) and said they would send the battery pack when they get it to make it a "fast charger". They never sent it and eventually, after several emails refunded the $20 for the battery. I told them I never opened the slow charger because a slower charger is useless when using Waze (the battery still drains) and I wanted a refund. They said it's been to long to get a refund even though I never opened or used it. I told them I wanted a refund or a 2nd gen unit a few days ago, which they offered a partial refund for but again, it's useless to me as a slow charger (which is why I never opened it in the 8 months I've had it waiting for the fast charging battery).

They sold me one item and shipped me something that doesn't have the features I paid for....and kept stringing me a long for months until they finally said they weren't going to have a battery option.

I have the 2nd gen and i love it but it does not have fast charging unless you hook it up the to the 12v outlet. doesn't the v1 also offer that option?
Yes it does, problem with V1 is that the product is clearly defective as both units I have had have warped beyond being usable, phone won't charge any longer as the warp of the units keeps the charging puck from working, also the melted spot on the back of the second unit, not sure what caused that.

Just got my Jeda 2 wireless pad and it’s awesome. Shipping took 2 days and the packaging and product are TOP rate. Tesla should contract with them to provide for the car as OEM. Product is gorgeous and extremely high quality. Left usb to pad and right usb to splitter to right side of pad. Retains full dash cam while charging 2 iPhones on Jeda pad. Highly recommended beautifully designed product. A+++