Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda USB group buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds unfortunate :(

For me I ordered 21 October 2019 and got this email on 26 October 2019

View attachment 475162

So given the previous response and the lack of an email from Jeda with a tracking code I emailed them yesterday for an update.

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention. For some reason, when the initial order was placed it failed and it showed as "cancelled" in our system so it didn't automatically print out.

I'll make sure it ships out today and will refund $10 to you for the shipping issue.

Please let us know if you need anything else!"

A few minutes later I received an updated receipt/invoice and a tracking code.
So hopefully it'll be here in about a week.

I'd advise anyone with an order and no tracking code yet to email for an update, the support request was pretty quick.

I have the Jeda USB Hub and a Jeda (Gen 2) wireless charger and it's charging PAINFULLY slow. If I'm using my phone (iPhoneX) as a wifi hotspot, The Jeda wireless charger only just gives enough juice to keep the battery at the state of charge that it was when I put the phone down onto the charger in the first place.
I should also mention that im running a Samsung T5 SSD drive in the small hidden hole and im wondering if its that drive that's responsible for drawing too much power. I should also mention that im only running ONE phone to the charger, not two...
Is anyone experiencing similar issues?

Im in for 1 x JEDA USB HUB
Sydney based.

how are we going to organise this
Hi turbice, I would be up for this, but I note RhysL's post above. Now, it's possible this occurs only when the phone is used as a hot spot, but I'm going to hold off until I hear more reports from other Jeda USB hub owners.

I have had my Jeda Wireless Pad and Hub for about a month, delivery took about 3 weeks because they were on back order. I would highly recommend the hub to anyone, it’s very well designed and made. The charging pad is excellent as well, and I chose it because I wanted landscape support and an OEM look, but it is fairly expensive compared to some of the copies on the market. That said if I had to replace them I would buy them both again without hesitation.

I decided to do some testing today of my Jeda kit and as expected the Jeda charging pad only supports Qi BPP and not Qi EPP which Apple recently started requiring in order to charge at more than 5W (for safety and interference reasons). So if you use an iPhone the charging pad will only charge at 5W no matter what power source you use.

I also tested the Jeda USB hub. The left type A port can deliver ~7 watts and is connected to the left port on the model 3. All the other ports are connected via the right USB port on the model 3, these ports have a maximum output of 5W (I didn't test maximum combined output, but I assume it will be ~7 watts like the left port).

One thing to keep in mind when plugging it in is that it has been designed with RHD cars in mind, so you should either put you phone on the left side (if you plan to use landscape often) or swap the cables over and plug the right side cable into the left Type A port on the Jeda Hub so it doesn't share power with the other ports.

I decided to do some testing today of my Jeda kit and as expected the Jeda charging pad only supports Qi BPP and not Qi EPP which Apple recently started requiring in order to charge at more than 5W (for safety and interference reasons). So if you use an iPhone the charging pad will only charge at 5W no matter what power source you use.

I also tested the Jeda USB hub. The left type A port can deliver ~7 watts and is connected to the left port on the model 3. All the other ports are connected via the right USB port on the model 3, these ports have a maximum output of 5W (I didn't test maximum combined output, but I assume it will be ~7 watts like the left port).

One thing to keep in mind when plugging it in is that it has been designed with RHD cars in mind, so you should either put you phone on the left side (if you plan to use landscape often) or swap the cables over and plug the right side cable into the left Type A port on the Jeda Hub so it doesn't share power with the other ports.

I assume you meant LHD.
So crossing over the leads seems the simplest solution.
As an iPhone user with an SSD in the hub I’m not sure how useful the USB C ports will be on the hub. What are people using them for?

I assume you meant LHD.
So crossing over the leads seems the simplest solution.
As an iPhone user with an SSD in the hub I’m not sure how useful the USB C ports will be on the hub. What are people using them for?

Err.. yes, I meant to say LHD.

I always have a few USB-C cables with my MacBook Pro, so if I have my laptop bag in the car and I want to charge my watch, headphones, power bank, etc I can plug the USB-C cables directly into the hub without needing to find an adaptor. They don’t do USB-C power delivery, but they are handy if all you have is a USB-C cable.

Reactions: m4rtin
yeah I know and I assume one day iPhones will use USB C too, meanwhile more USB A would have been handier eg for the games controller I have in the car

Apple already have USB-C to lightning cables, they just don’t come in the box. You can always pick up a couple of USB-C to type a adaptors, or alternatively a couple of USB-C to micro USB cables for your controllers. With everything moving from type a to USB-C these day they won’t go to waste.

Apple already have USB-C to lightning cables, they just don’t come in the box. You can always pick up a couple of USB-C to type a adaptors, or alternatively a couple of USB-C to micro USB cables for your controllers. With everything moving from type a to USB-C these day they won’t go to waste.

Just checked and the adaptors are super cheap. Ordered! Not sure why I didn't think about that before.

So the day after making my warning post the original tracking number they gave me is finally showing some activity (its in transit in LA). But at this point I don't even know if that tracking number is still relevant to my order or not =/

So after 4 months the damn thing finally arrived. Basically even after shipping it was stuck at US customs for a month =/. I hope everyone else has better luck than me.

I've used it for a week and here's what I found:
1. It charges slow, probably not the pads fault, the front USB ports are just low powered
2. A Pixel 4 charges but can stop charging intermittently, zero issues with a Pixel 3 (maybe it uses less power?)
3. The two USB C ports on the Hub do not provide enough power to charge a phone but, plugging in a SSD/USB drive will work
4. The wireless pad is thiccc (with 3 c's) and you can't lift up the phone holder area with a phone there anymore, it will hit the cover piece (video here demonstrates this well)

So after 4 months the damn thing finally arrived. Basically even after shipping it was stuck at US customs for a month =/. I hope everyone else has better luck than me.

I've used it for a week and here's what I found:
1. It charges slow, probably not the pads fault, the front USB ports are just low powered
2. A Pixel 4 charges but can stop charging intermittently, zero issues with a Pixel 3 (maybe it uses less power?)
3. The two USB C ports on the Hub do not provide enough power to charge a phone but, plugging in a SSD/USB drive will work
4. The wireless pad is thiccc (with 3 c's) and you can't lift up the phone holder area with a phone there anymore, it will hit the cover piece (video here demonstrates this well)

I bought a Jeda USB HUB and wireless mat as well. Yes it took them a while to send it over but at least I only pay domestic shipping instead of international LOLZ
I agree, the charging is slow and not as powerfull, it mainly depends as you said on the ports being low powered. I watched a video about it and the guy said the port on the left was the one meant to have more power, I guess is the same here in Oz even tho we are right hand side driving. I wish there was a cigarette lighter those things can provide much more power but I guess is more suitable for ICE engines.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S9, with cover doesn't charge at all, without it works, better if placed horizontally. I have another cheap as wireless charger powered from cigarette lighter and charges fine even with cover meh.
I find the usb pretty cool but I'll have to buy one of those SSD Samsung drive so it can fit in the little compartment coz the USB stick I have does not fit in it(too long)