Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jersey City Condo Tesla Owners!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in JC and am thinking about getting a Model S.
I have seen a few Tesla's charge on the curbside charging stations on First St. (between Marin and Provost).
Came across interesting article about them too, they have 10 stations and I believe 2 of them (four spaces) are open to the public. I think this is a great solution.

I live in JC and am thinking about getting a Model S.
I have seen a few Tesla's charge on the curbside charging stations on First St. (between Marin and Provost).
Came across interesting article about them too, they have 10 stations and I believe 2 of them (four spaces) are open to the public. I think this is a great solution.

Let me disappoint you. I Live in JC too and have a model S now, there only 2 Level 2 chargers available the rest are restricted and can't be used. They are super expensive much more than gas would cost you. How about $2.50 for 1hr for 18miles of range on Model S how that sounds?
To me it sounds like a disappointment.

Folks, I test drive a Model 3 yesterday and am looking to order but worried about charging. My apartment parking doesn’t have a charger.

Any update here on how things are in 2019 would help on public charging options in JC.

There are urban superchargers at Newport Mall. I've used them in the past. I think there is a $4 parking fee if I recall correctly. Probably not the most convenient if you need to rely on them for all of your charging.

Perhaps you can speak with your apt management company to see if they have any plans to install public charging spots.

There are urban superchargers at Newport Mall. I've used them in the past. I think there is a $4 parking fee if I recall correctly. Probably not the most convenient if you need to rely on them for all of your charging.

Perhaps you can speak with your apt management company to see if they have any plans to install public charging spots.

Thanks Shateam.

Yes, mall is just two blocks away, and I can use it. If I can top the car there in 40-50 minutes, that $4/- will be OK. I just wonder how reliable this place is, noticed some comments about it being not working recently. Though I walk past chargers daily and see Tesla’s there quite often. Not sure if these are residents or visitors. Visitors are more likely to put up with issues.

In my case, I don’t drive to work. This is going to be weekend joy/toy only. So Mall is quite ok, if reliable.

Thanks Shateam.

Yes, mall is just two blocks away, and I can use it. If I can top the car there in 40-50 minutes, that $4/- will be OK. I just wonder how reliable this place is, noticed some comments about it being not working recently. Though I walk past chargers daily and see Tesla’s there quite often. Not sure if these are residents or visitors. Visitors are more likely to put up with issues.

In my case, I don’t drive to work. This is going to be weekend joy/toy only. So Mall is quite ok, if reliable.

You should be OK. You can always use the Supercharger on 1st Street or the one in nearby Kearny if Newport is ever down.

I am moving to NYC area. I am looking at few JC/Hoboken condos with parking to rent. I am a weekend driver. I would of course prioritize renting in a condo that had a charger but also looking for what would be the lowest cost charging options in the area.