Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just curious about the age of forum members here

How old are you?

• Under 20

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • 21 to 30

Votes: 66 17.1%
  • 31 to 40

Votes: 116 30.0%
  • 41 to 50

Votes: 92 23.8%
  • 51 to 60

Votes: 62 16.0%
  • 61 and over

Votes: 45 11.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem is that the first one isn't a poll and the second is closed (and had problems with overlapping age 35 and not being granular enough for those over 50). Also, unlike the other poll, this one does not display the forum members' names with the results. Some people may not wish to share their ages, so the anonymity of this poll may encourage more members to participate.

I wouldn't call those problems. Too many repetitive threads stifling good conversation, now that's a problem

Me too, actually. :) But saving for the car is the easy part -- I can't wait to see the cost of my insurance. I'm sure it'll cost more than the car. :mad:
Do all you young guys have places to charge too? That'll be my main challenge. The streets are not a deserving place for a Tesla.

I'm hoping to rent somewhere with a garage, but that'll be pricey... maybe I'll buy a condo or something? Just don't wanna commit to buying a home so young because I don't know where I'll be in 5 years.

Or I could just supercharge. ;) Sadly, that will prove to be more of a pain in the ass than going to the gas station so I need something permanent. A charging station might not go over too well at work because I'll likely have to pay for it, but they will have extension cords galore. I would just rather avoid having to pack and unpack a UMC all the time. That's a hassle. Maybe I get a small waterproof electrical box that sits in front of my parking space to store all the cables.

Do all you young guys have places to charge too? That'll be my main challenge. The streets are not a deserving place for a Tesla.

I'm hoping to rent somewhere with a garage, but that'll be pricey... maybe I'll buy a condo or something? Just don't wanna commit to buying a home so young because I don't know where I'll be in 5 years.
Yeah, I don't know ... realistically a 120V outlet and fat extension cord might do it, but I've heard elsewhere on the forum that the Model S doesn't balance the cells or run the heater/cooler for the batteries when on just 120V. I.e., fine if you need it but not so great for long-term. So, Plan B: there's a Tesla Destination Charger (HPWC? Any difference?) just down the street and if I'm still in the same location by the time I receive my Model 3 I'll probably just hook up there every couple days and do my TMC-haunting from there on the Touchscreen while I wait. ;)

You're right, I'd much rather keep my Tesla in a garage than out on the street. However, if still garageless (Plan B again!), I envision myself pulling a dewy (or frosty) Tesla cover off my Model 3 every morning and tugging a hot rubber (or crisp and crinkly) Tesla cover back over it every evening. For now my bicycle gets the Tesla treatment with a cheap barbecue cover to keep the rain off. :cool:

Reactions: eisbock

I'm thinking if you are planning to "buy a condo or something", you would be wise to make that purchase before buying a new car with a loan, if your plan is to finance some or most of your payments. Perhaps easier to acquire a car loan AFTER you have purchased a home. Consult a financial advisor for advice.

• Informative
Reactions: int32_t

Or I could just supercharge. ;) Sadly, that will prove to be more of a pain in the ass than going to the gas station so I need something permanent. A charging station might not go over too well at work because I'll likely have to pay for it, but they will have extension cords galore. I would just rather avoid having to pack and unpack a UMC all the time. That's a hassle. Maybe I get a small waterproof electrical box that sits in front of my parking space to store all the cables.

Start lobbying now for a J1772 station at work. Check out your parking lot and look for Teslas, LEAFs, Volts, etc. Put together a proposal of why having an EVSE will be both a benefit for employees and a pat on the back for the employer environmentally. My workplace has 3 Semaconnect EVSEs at each of our two offices in Atlanta and about 10-15 EVs charge up every day at each location.

I'm of an age where I won't admit my age. Likely my answer on the "first song" thread gives it away.
I bought my first new car at 23 (it was a Tercel) and yes, the insurance was more than the payments, but just for the first three years.
We'll likely keep our pickup and sell our Yaris.