Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Just drive it and enjoy it...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soul Surfer

Cancervivor, tech geek & musician
I've come to the foregone conclusion, that fretting over price changes, up or down, as well as free or paid SuperCharger miles, are not north the time in my head. That sort of "thing", may live in my thoughts, and not "pay rent". Better to evict those them, and just enjoy the ride.

My Tuesday morning thoughts over a cup of coffee.

It ok, in a few months you'll hate your Tesla anyway. The delivery experience will often sour you and take the wind right out of your sails...

Then you'll drive some other EV and fall back in love. Then they'll roll out an update and take features away that you liked and replace it with something important as fart sounds. Rinse and repeat. This is your reality when owning a Tesla. That and living on Elon time... :cool:

I am joking but all too much truth in what I wrote after opening a quarter million on Teslas and about to buy another one.

It ok, in a few months you'll hate your Tesla anyway. The delivery experience will often sour you and take the wind right out of your sails...

Then you'll drive some other EV and fall back in love. Then they'll roll out an update and take features away that you liked and replace it with something important as fart sounds. Rinse and repeat. This is your reality when owning a Tesla. That and living on Elon time... :cool:

I am joking but all too much truth in what I wrote after opening a quarter million on Teslas and about to buy another one.
Good one DT! Ya, all of those things, I'm trying to not let them into my head. I'm still dealing with a bunch of annoying issues that I'm being told the next software update will resolve. It's been over a year and not solution. But I sure love how it handles, so I'm just enjoying the ride for now.

I was looking for my 1st EV. I didn't begin looking at Teslas. Then I asked myself, am I going to buy based on only price or am I going to buy the best EV, in my opinion, and be willing pay more for it than another EV without the charging support and range numbers this car has? I'm not wealthy but I was willing to stretch to get what I wanted. I mean, what's the point in getting something I don't really want even if it costs less?

I admit I don't like the way Tesla is swinging these prices back and forth, because at some point I might want to sell the car or trade it. I lost 3K on this last price reduction as compared to those who bought a little later than me. I don't think anyone likes to buy anything and then realize they could have waited and gotten it for much less. We don't usually run into these kinds of economic realities on this scale unless you are gambling huge sums of money. Sure a small item I payed more for has less impact than paying much more $$ for something. When buyers loose anywhere from 13K in 2022, to 3K just last week this is significant for many if not most buyers. I doubt many think burning a 3K pile of money for heat is something they wouldn't think much about.

This was a gamble on several fronts. A gamble the HW 3 is still plenty ok and we don't really need HW 4. A gamble missing USS sensors are really no big deal. I will say we were pacified to accept the lesser option because we wanted the car and nothing else was offered while we were told there would be improvments making non USS just as ok. Not true. The fact that Tesla is offering a near future improvement in future models says they know they messed up. They are trying to make the back pedaling look legit. Elon made a bad call. Simple as that. This will leave a bad taste in the mouths of many who trusted the accuracy of the system and were let down. Just admit you made a mistake Elon. Fess up and make ammends. You took two step back in tech over cars made in 2018. For once take a hit for the customer and don't look so much at stock prices.

If I don't think about any of this I can allow myself to enjoy the car, and it is an amazing car. I can manage to enjoy the car and let bygones be bygones HOWEVER I won't forget, and the next time I'm in the market for an EV I will take all of this into consideration.

Reactions: Soul Surfer
I've come to the foregone conclusion, that fretting over price changes, up or down, as well as free or paid SuperCharger miles, are not north the time in my head. That sort of "thing", may live in my thoughts, and not "pay rent". Better to evict those them, and just enjoy the ride.

My Tuesday morning thoughts over a cup of coffee.
Literally every time I drive my Tesla (over 8 years and 150,000 miles in two different Model S) I get a smile on my face and think "I love this car" "It's the best car I've ever owned".

Each to their own but my four years having two Teslas has been the most pleasant, enjoyable car ownership of my life, and I've had a bunch of different brands. It's just so easy to live with and great in lots of ways. Maybe I'm just not good at sweating the small stuff. Nobody in the house drives our fairly-new, top of the line gasser SUV unless they absolutely have to, meanwhile our MY just hit 105,000 after 2.5 years and still running as great as day 1.

I feel like I am in an abusive, almost destructive relationship that I can't get out of with Tesla. My MS LR has ticked me off enough I dumped and bought a Plaid to replace it. I still have some of the same issues but at least now it is faster where it matters to me. :cool:

Still in a lot of the areas that matter most to me, Tesla does it better than anyone else. Though I purposely didn't buy a new one because they pulled USS.

I have only one complaint about my Tesla: Phantom braking. It angers and annoys me enough that I've briefly considered offloading the car for that reason alone.

But then I get into a rental or my wife's Lexus, and after a few minutes driving that, I start saying "I miss my Tesla..." Everything else about it is just so much better.

I hope they sort out the PB soon.

I have only one complaint about my Tesla: Phantom braking. It angers and annoys me enough that I've briefly considered offloading the car for that reason alone.

But then I get into a rental or my wife's Lexus, and after a few minutes driving that, I start saying "I miss my Tesla..." Everything else about it is just so much better.

I hope they sort out the PB soon.
Now if they can also remove the “jamming” part, we can have ourselves, a PB&J. Sorry, I couldn’t resist 😁

Have a terrific weekend everyone!